Author Topic: NORTHCOM General ‘Amazed’ at North Korea’s Rapid Missile Advances  (Read 287 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

POSTED BY: ORIANA PAWLYK

While its technology has yet to catch up to its ambitions, North Korea’s frequent missile testing shows the true intent of the country’s supreme leader Kim Jong-Un, the head of Northern Command said Wednesday.

“Even in my very short time in NORTHCOM and my very short time of watching what he’s doing, the amount of things that he’s increased in his capability and capacity has been amazing,” Gen. Lori Robinson told audiences at the Women in Defense National Conference in Washington, D.C.

“We look at the fact that he’s tested 30 percent more than his father and grandfather combined,” Robinson said, referring to former leaders Kim Jong-il and Kim Il-sung.

Robinson — the first female officer to command a major U.S. COCOM and to head North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) — said the most impressive feats are his speed and the fact that Un “is not afraid to fail in public.”

“We should worry — and I know we are — but I watch what his capability is and obviously he’s working very hard and I know he’s going to work very hard on his capacity — but we can see a ton of intent,” she said.

U.S. leaders and experts in recent months have warned that it’s only a matter of time before North Korea figures out how to fasten a nuclear warhead to an intercontinental ballistic missile.

There are, however, shortfalls: the country has yet to develop a way to properly fuse a nuke-ICBM which can “withstand the fiery heat and great violence of atmospheric reentry,” according to a report from The New York Times.

https://www.dodbuzz.com/2017/09/27/northcom-general-amazed-north-koreas-rapid-missile-advances/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dodbuzz+%28DoD+Buzz%29&comp=7000029710983&rank=2
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome