Author Topic: Trump children ski trip cost at least $330,000 in security: report  (Read 1062 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump children ski trip cost at least $330,000 in security: report
By Julia Manchester - 09/29/17 06:15 PM EDT

President Trump's children racked up at least $330,000 in security costs on a ski trip to Aspen, Co. last February, according to CBS News.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spent $329,561 for the weeklong vacation taken by Ivanka and Eric Trump, along with their families, according to a Freedom of Information Act request granted to CBS News.

The Secret Service spent $26,000 on rental vehicles, as well as equipment needed to accompany the family on the ski slopes, which costed around $22,000, according to the report.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353187-trump-children-ski-trip-cost-at-least-330000-in-security-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump children ski trip cost at least $330,000 in security: report
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:14:58 pm »
...which costed around $22,000, according to the report.

?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:48:29 pm »
Julia Manchester must not be an American reporter.

But when cost means determine the cost of or set the cost of, it is inflected costed. For example, we might say that the store manager costed the milk at a cheaper price yesterday.

To people in the U.S., costed might sound funny because this sense of the word is not commonly used in American English. Americans don’t have an exact equivalent of costed, but valued, budgeted, priced, paid for, accounted for, and estimated the cost for come close in different uses. This sense of cost is much more common in varieties of English from outside North America, and it is not unheard of in Canadian English.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:08 pm »
I don't recall the press reports about the cost of Obama's brats traveling abroad.  I must have missed them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:03:00 am »
I don't recall the press reports about the cost of Obama's brats traveling abroad.  I must have missed them.

When Michael Obama went on a spending fling in Spain and Europe, the estimates were in the 10s of millions of dollars of cost to the American citizens. For nothing. She met no officials, and did nothing official at all. Meanwhile...at the Hall of Justice...
Obama was getting stoned with his paramour Reggie Love. He sent the cat away, so the mice could play.

But yes, as you pointed out, their pets in the so called 'media' would never dishonor their God Obama. All hail Obama. For he is half-Black, therefore he is half-divine...all hail communism, all hail the Left...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:31:46 am »

Yeah, me, too.  And we're STILL paying for the Obamas.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 01:38:17 am »
?

@Smokin Joe I think the article is saying that the SS spent $26K on rental vehicles (probably stuff like cars, planes, helicopter, etc) and $22K on other equipment (probably stuff like skis, snowboards, snow mobiles, etc) to stay close to the family.

That's probably all a drop in the bucket for what we spent on the Obama kids.  I'm all-in on security for the President and his family (regardless of party).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 01:43:52 am »
@Smokin Joe I think the article is saying that the SS spent $26K on rental vehicles (probably stuff like cars, planes, helicopter, etc) and $22K on other equipment (probably stuff like skis, snowboards, snow mobiles, etc) to stay close to the family.

That's probably all a drop in the bucket for what we spent on the Obama kids.  I'm all-in on security for the President and his family (regardless of party).
A VERY expensive getaway:The First Family's Valentine's Day apart cost the taxpayer at least $2.5m as Barack golfed in California while Michelle went on secret ski trip to Aspen

President Barack Obama flew to California for a fundraiser and a speech
    He then spent the next three days playing golf at an exclusive resort
    At the same time Michelle and Malia and Sasha were skiing in Aspen
    Figures show that Air Force One costs $228,288 per hour to run
    As a result, the ten-hour return trip to California would cost almost $2.3m
    It is estimated that Mrs Obama's skiing trip cost a further $100,000
    With accommodation and car rental, the weekend break would cost $2.5m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2957072/A-expensive-getaway-Obama-family-s-separate-weekend-trips-trips-cost-2-5-million-did-Barack-spend-Valentine-s-golfing-California-Michelle-went-skiing-Colorado.html

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 12:45:32 pm »
The media's getting pretty desperate ... they're now recycling anti-Trump stories.   

Last time we discussed this on the forum we were left with two options:  only elect Presidents with no children or if a President slips through with a lot of children ... cancel all travel for the President's family.  A third option was also tossed around and that was:  who cares what happens to the children of Presidents.

Discuss.   ^-^

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 01:36:03 pm »
The media's getting pretty desperate ... they're now recycling anti-Trump stories.   

Last time we discussed this on the forum we were left with two options:  only elect Presidents with no children or if a President slips through with a lot of children ... cancel all travel for the President's family.  A third option was also tossed around and that was:  who cares what happens to the children of Presidents.

Discuss.   ^-^
As I pointed out, when the former FLOTUS and her two took a weekEND ski trip, the costs were higher. While that was not broken down and itemized, that lot were significantly more expensive.
There have been many more exorbitant and egregious abuses of the public monies by Democrats, and as long as the amounts spent by the current administration are significantly less, I see the media attention to this point as the blatantly partisan attack it is.

Like with the Dr Suess books, if the media didn't have double standards, they would not have any standards at all.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »

Discuss.   ^-^

Discuss?  Sure:  Hold Democrats to the same standard as Republicans.  Doesn't matter if the subject is children or Cabinet Members. End of discussion. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
As I pointed out, when the former FLOTUS and her two took a weekEND ski trip, the costs were higher. While that was not broken down and itemized, that lot were significantly more expensive.
There have been many more exorbitant and egregious abuses of the public monies by Democrats, and as long as the amounts spent by the current administration are significantly less, I see the media attention to this point as the blatantly partisan attack it is.

Like with the Dr Suess books, if the media didn't have double standards, they would not have any standards at all.

:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »
Discuss?  Sure:  Hold Democrats to the same standard as Republicans.  Doesn't matter if the subject is children or Cabinet Members. End of discussion.

Never. Going. To. Happen.   :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »
Never. Going. To. Happen.   :shrug:

I totally agree with that.  The Rat media would find fault with the color of any Republican's shoelaces.  "Rich Republicans" has been a trope for them as long as I can remember, because it works with their ignorant voters.
I will NOT comply.