Author Topic: BOYCOTT THE NFL ON VETERANS WEEKEND, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12TH  (Read 1622 times)

Online dfwgator

Re: BOYCOTT THE NFL ON VETERANS WEEKEND, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12TH
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 02:59:51 am »
Why wait?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 04:26:55 am »
You do realize don't you that 90% of all pro football players are respecting the flag and country.

why are you fixated on such a small number of players anyway?

Yes, I do realize that something like 90% of NFL players are respecting the flag and the anthem. I do wonder if the the President realizes that though.

I'm not fixated on a small number of players but I am concerned about how the President focuses his time and attention especially with so many OTHER true  crises going on (e.g., hurricane restoration in 3 locations involving US citizens, and North Korea threatened the US and her allies).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 04:41:37 am »
Trump took it from simmer to boil while adding himself to the pot.

I've got no real dog in this fight. I don't care for Trump and I don't watch the NFL.

Trump poured gasoline on the NFL's self inflicted wound and all I expect as a result is everyone losing. The only positive thing is perhaps some will learn something from it - but even that's iffy these days.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 07:45:46 am »
My math was off; okay, if 9 players kneel or sit, that is 9 teams, 9 games, 18 teams, it affects more than half the teams out there. If this is week in and week out, it adds up.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 08:24:59 am »
You do realize don't you that 90% of all pro football players are respecting the flag and country.

why are you fixated on such a small number of players anyway?

@IsailedawayfromFR

Because the NFL is encouraging it. 

Why are you so willing to throw away a victory over the left?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 08:34:51 am »
All Trump did was say this to a rally, he did not give any directive or call for a boycott from what I've seen. It's the way, he casually talks to his audiences.  I wonder, can't he have that freedom?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 08:42:19 am »
The NFL gypped Rush Limbaugh out of an ownership portion of the then St. Louis Rams which was just prejudice.  I don't know if it was similar with Trump and the Buffalo Bills; but maybe this is just karma. Maybe Trump did respond in part from personal experience.  It might be in the best interest that these things were brought to boil. The NFL and players response has been disgraceful. If they blackballed someone like Rush from partial ownership; to heck with them. It should have happened years ago.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 12:17:30 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Because the NFL is encouraging it. 

Why are you so willing to throw away a victory over the left?
Am not. Some here do not see it that way, but as simple as a President who has started a mess.  Nothing could be further from the truth. 

The truth is he blurted it out loud, and the true leftists of the country are being exposed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 01:41:29 pm »
Before Trump's remarks, I saw only a handful of protesters with my own eyes.  Reports in the media confirmed what I saw.  Here's one (lots of others out there):
"President Donald Trump’s criticism of players who kneel during the national anthem sparked a mass increase in such protests around the National Football League Sunday, as about 200 players sat, knelt or raised their fists in defiance during early games.
A week ago, just six players protested."

@Concerned
@mystery-ak 

Thanks for the post backing up what you and I know happened.  Most people here jump on whatever/whomever Trump attacks and they attack it/them, too.  It lets them get safely angry in their comfortable chair and verbally attack whatever/whomever Trump attacks.  They can't comprehend/get passed the superficial surface of Trump's attack; they join right in with him attacking whatever/whomever it is and feel proud of their attack.  Trump plays them over and over this way and they fall right in line, as sheep.  They can't get passed the subject attacked to consider WHY Trump attacked that subject.  It is the "why" that matters, not the subject attacked.

Trump has verbally attacked people all his adult life to stay in the news.  He doesn't give a flip what football players do - he does give a flip to verbally attack anything to stay in the top news of the day.

Now, he is verbally attacking people in Puerto Rico.  He is a basket case of crazy and always was and will be.  I don't hate Trump - he is just crazy and will leave a trail of destruction behind him when he is through.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 01:46:47 pm »
@Concerned
@mystery-ak 

Thanks for the post backing up what you and I know happened.  Most people here jump on whatever/whomever Trump attacks and they attack it/them, too.  It lets them get safely angry in their comfortable chair and verbally attack whatever/whomever Trump attacks.  They can't comprehend/get passed the superficial surface of Trump's attack; they join right in with him attacking whatever/whomever it is and feel proud of their attack.  Trump plays them over and over this way and they fall right in line, as sheep.  They can't get passed the subject attacked to consider WHY Trump attacked that subject.  It is the "why" that matters, not the subject attacked.

Trump has verbally attacked people all his adult life to stay in the news.  He doesn't give a flip what football players do - he does give a flip to verbally attack anything to stay in the top news of the day.

Now, he is verbally attacking people in Puerto Rico.  He is a basket case of crazy and always was and will be.  I don't hate Trump - he is just crazy and will leave a trail of destruction behind him when he is through.

And in the cases you mentioned above (The NFL and Puerto Rican leaders) the ones attacked SORELY needed attacking!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 02:00:11 pm »
Vickie also said Trump ran just to help the Democrats win. That sure didn't happen.  :thud:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 02:49:35 pm »
On the topic of Rush:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2003/10/rush_limbaugh_was_right.html

Let's review: McNabb, he said, is "overrated ... what we have here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback can do well—black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well."

"There's a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

I don't know if McNabb ever played well, I think the Eagles went to a Superbowl or two with him; but I saw McNabb play some horrifyingly weak games.

Randall Cunningham, now, there was a great Quarterback.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 11:01:55 pm »
I've never watched the NFL -- or ANY football, for that matter.
Never will...

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 11:12:13 pm »
Ok, in full disclosure...I love football and I love watching the NFL.  But as a veteran, this last go round was simply a bridge too far for me..so with great wailing and gnashing of teeth, I decided to opt out until such time as the NFL extricates their head from their ass and treat their employees like employees.

Side note....I am a carolina panthers fan and I LOATH the patriots (and pretty much anything to do with Massachusetts...how our founders must spin in their grave seeing that liberal cesspool).

HOWEVER...I've got to give credit where credit is due:

The New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers all stood during the anthem in Foxborough. The Patriots stood with their right hands over their hearts, and their left hands on their teammate’s shoulder.

I've got zero problems with what the Pats did here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:14:45 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 11:28:35 pm »
The New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers all stood during the anthem in Foxborough. The Patriots stood with their right hands over their hearts, and their left hands on their teammate’s shoulder.

I've got zero problems with what the Pats did here.

That is what I'm looking for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 11:43:09 pm »
That is what I'm looking for.

The browns raised their fists
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:30 pm »
The browns raised their fists

Then the Browns effed up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 12:23:40 am »
I have no idea what any of them did and won't unless someone else tells me. I'm NOT going to watch them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien