Author Topic: Democrats evaluating Alabama Senate race against Roy Moore, wary of spending money  (Read 742 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats evaluating Alabama Senate race against Roy Moore, wary of spending money
by David M. Drucker | Sep 30, 2017, 12:01 AM

Senior Senate Democrats wary of wasting resources in deep red Alabama might be forced to reconsider after fresh polling showed Doug Jones competitive with Republican Roy Moore in a December special election.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee was evaluating whether to invest in the race after Roy Moore, a fiery social warrior twice kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court for nullifying federal court rulings, defeated Sen. Luther Strange in a special GOP primary runoff.

Moore led Jones 50.2 percent to 44.5 percent in a poll released Friday by Decision Desk HQ, in line with the 52 percent he scored in 2012 when he was last elected statewide, to lead Alabama's high court.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-evaluating-alabama-senate-race-against-roy-moore-wary-of-spending-money/article/2636125
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I encourage them to empty their treasury on this one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Godfrey Daniels!

You beat me to it!

blij26
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Oh, it's THEIR money.

At first I was perplexed by the idea of Dems wary of spending money on a losing project.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

They hate people like Moore so maybe they'll spend a few bucks on it.

They don't need to save money for Oprah ... she can self fund like Trump did.  In other words, every time she opens her mouth the media will cover it, just like they did Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline montanajoe

If you are a Dim party hack it would be reasonable to conclude that Moore will do more damage to the GOP party hacks and stall their agenda in the Senate than any Dim being elected from Alabama... :shrug: