Author Topic: Air France plane engine fails over Atlantic  (Read 691 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Air France plane engine fails over Atlantic
« on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:31 am »
Air France plane engine fails over Atlantic

An Air France flight from Paris to Los Angeles was forced to make a sudden diversion when it lost part of an engine over the Atlantic.

One of the four engines on the Airbus A380 flight AF66 failed west of Greenland on Saturday.

No-one was injured in the incident, but passengers remained on board hours after the landing at 15:42 GMT.

The plane was carrying 496 passengers and 24 crew at the time, an Air France spokesperson told AFP news agency.

Read more at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41454712

So, they safely landed somewhere in Far Eastern Canada, I believe Labrador.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:00:36 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Air France plane engine fails over Atlantic
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:22:17 am »
Oh boy. Someone is going to have to change out a lot of seat cushions...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:32:01 am »

Yes...Goose Bay...where they had to wait 1-1/2 hours for stairs that could reach and let them out, as it's not equipped for large aircraft.

I love this, from the NY Daily News:

"Air France responded to the incident saying flight landed safely after a technical issue was identified."

Here's that "technical issue":

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:17 am »
Well, not to wax excessively technical, but that looks like a definite awsh*t to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 12:27:04 pm »
Year ago, I was at the British Airways counter which was next to Air France's counter.  While I was waiting , I watched the guy at the Air France counter.  He was taking the checked luggage and tossing it onto the conveyor.  I mean he was really bouncing it off walls.  I can imagine what the luggage looked like when the owner picked it up at his or her destination.  Apparently, the British Airways agent noticed too because when she took my luggage, I asked her to be gentle with it.  She smiled and said something like "unlike some airlines, we take care of our passengers' luggage."  And as she said that, she was looking at the Air France agent. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:32 pm »
Oh boy. Someone is going to have to change out a lot of seat cushions...
Yeah, I hope there was a good supply of Clorox in Labrador.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org