Author Topic: In private dinner, George W. Bush criticizes Trump decision to add North Korea to travel ban  (Read 683 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

In private dinner, George W. Bush criticizes Trump decision to add North Korea to travel ban
The Hill, Sep 29, 2017, John Bowden

Former President George W. Bush at a private dinner on Thursday criticized President Trump's decision to add North Korea to his administration's revised travel ban, according to sources from the dinner.

A spokesman for the former president told Business Insider that he spoke in support of "welcoming dissidents" at The Korea Society's annual dinner in New York City Thursday night.

Bush spoke "in broader strokes, welcoming and supporting dissidents, as he has for years, and referred to the Bush Institute’s longstanding and ongoing work in that area," according to the spokesman, Freddy Ford.  Another source at the dinner told Business Insider that Bush suggested that the recent move to add North Korea to the list of countries under the travel restrictions would discourage dissidents from escaping the country and fleeing to the U.S.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353139-in-private-dinner-george-w-bush-criticizes-trumps-decision-to-add

Online dfwgator

Go hang out with your pals, Georgie.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
GW lost me when he didn't seal our borders after 911 and did the bailouts on Hank Paulson's say-so. He's just another establishment elitist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

I rather doubt that adding NK to the travel ban list will dissuade dissidents from trying to flee NK. That's a rather stupid thing to say.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are other ways to get dissidents out of the country even with the travel ban.  He should know that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Dissidents don't come to the US.  They go to south korea.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Jorge just being the globalist hack he always was. Bailouts, amnesty, Patriot Act, Harriet Myers.....what a swell president he was.

Offline berdie

Go hang out with your pals, Georgie.

Truthfully....there are few people that a president can hang out that understand what the position requires

What ticks me off about W is that he was quiet as a mouse during Bammy's tenure.

If he is ticked off about Jeb...move on dude...move on.

Oceander

Dissidents don't come to the US.  They go to south korea.

Exactly.  And those that do eventually end up here usually go to SK first.