Author Topic: Detroit Lions' Akeem Spence: My father lost a contract because of my protest  (Read 989 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
One Detroit Lions player who took a knee Sunday in an effort to shine a light on racial inequality said his father was denied a job because of his protest.

Lions defensive tackle Akeem Spence tweeted Thursday that his father, Floyd, was denied a job by a contractor.

"Got some awful news from my father a contractor deny giving him a job on doing a house because of my peaceful protest #smh," Spence tweeted.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/09/28/detroit-lions-akeem-spence/713378001/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
awwwww   such a shame

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Life's a bitch, isn't it?

Hey toadhead, there are consequences for actions in the real world, not the fairly land you live in.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Hey toadhead, there are consequences for actions in the real world, not the fairly land you live in.

LOL!   Just an instant before I saw your post, I was mouthing, "Ain't that a bitch?"     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

Ain't that a bitch, yes it is
Somebody doing something slick, there they are
It's got me wondering which is which
Mighty as well go out of town and dig a ditch

Ain't that a bitch, ain't that a bitch

Offline DB

Well Akeem can send his dad some money to compensate for his actions since it was so important to him to do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

This is Akeem Spence's story and his father isn't talking.  I would like to know the real story.  Maybe the elder Mr. Spence wasn't qualified for the job?  Might be other reasons. Anyone talk to the contractor?

Offline mountaineer

This is Akeem Spence's story and his father isn't talking.  I would like to know the real story.  Maybe the elder Mr. Spence wasn't qualified for the job?  Might be other reasons. Anyone talk to the contractor?
No doubt there were very good reasons to select another bidder, but let's not clutter Akeem's tiny little cranium with facts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

Re: Detroit Lions' Akeem Spence: My father lost a contract because of my protest
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 12:22:19 pm »
No doubt there were very good reasons to select another bidder, but let's not clutter Akeem's tiny little cranium with facts.

I don't really care about him so much as I care about the reporting of this story.  We only have Akeem Spence's version of the facts.  Stories like this, without any word from the other party or parties involved, just fan the flames. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Detroit Lions' Akeem Spence: My father lost a contract because of my protest
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »
I don't really care about him so much as I care about the reporting of this story.  We only have Akeem Spence's version of the facts.  Stories like this, without any word from the other party or parties involved, just fan the flames.
Exactly! I call bullshiite on this tale of woe from the poor little rich boy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »

I thought pot-stirring and flame-fanning was the whole point of this stupid "protest," anyway.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 06:27:37 pm »
Oh I see.  He lives in a universe where his actions have no negative consequences and only he has self-determination.  Football players and actors - living on a separate universe.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 06:33:32 pm »
I thought pot-stirring and flame-fanning was the whole point of this stupid "protest," anyway.

I think you're right about that.  And the media is complicit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 07:09:54 pm »
I think you're right about that.  And the media is complicit.

Sure.  What exactly are the rich sports players protesting with the arms-linked thing?  They're protesting the backlash from the "taking a knee" protest.  I guess this is a protest of a protest, or a "meta-protest."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:10:30 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.