Author Topic: Why North Korea, Russia and China All Fear America's B-52 Bomber  (Read 338 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Why North Korea, Russia and China All Fear America's B-52 Bomber
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:49:40 am »
Sebastien Roblin

The B-52’s old TF-33 turbofan engines are also inefficient—as in, 3,000 gallons an hour inefficient. The Air Force would like to replace them with something less costly to maintain and operate, but can’t find the money—so they’re floating a proposal to have a private company do the repairs on credit: once the new engines were replaced, the government would use the money saved in fuel economy to pay back for the upgrade. Certainly an example in creative financing!

We’ve already examined the colorful analysis offered by Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte regarding his country’s new jet fighter, so let’s today look at the aviation insights offered by a politician on our home shores.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-north-korea-russia-china-all-fear-americas-b-52-bomber-22506
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why North Korea, Russia and China All Fear America's B-52 Bomber
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:28:20 am »
It's a great plane.  Broke my heart driving past Davis-Monthan looking at those fine birds all chopped up. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:43:48 am »
It's a great plane.  Broke my heart driving past Davis-Monthan looking at those fine birds all chopped up.

I know. But the parts of the plane in the "boneyard" are keep to the current ones flying.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:47:31 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:48:46 am »
I know. But the parts of the plane in the "boneyard" are keep to the current ones flying.

In 2012 AMARG "pulled" more than 10,000 parts, with a value of $472 million. In that year the five fleets calling for the most parts were the Air Force's F-15, B-1B, F-16, C-5, and C-135. The only Navy airplane on the top 10 list, the P-3 Orion, came in sixth.Orders for spare parts are received by AMARG on a Form 44. It documents the requesting base/unit, its priority, whether it supports a combat mission, classification, special handling requirements, acceptable substitutions, and other information.