Author Topic: Tom Price to stop taxpayer-funded private jet travel, repay $51,000  (Read 340 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Price to stop taxpayer-funded private jet travel, repay $51,000
by Kimberly Leonard | Sep 28, 2017, 4:34 PM

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price vowed Thursday not to take anymore private charter jets in his government role, and said he would write a check to the U.S. Treasury to reimburse past flights.

"I will take no more private charter flights as Secretary of HHS," he said in a statement. "No exceptions ... the taxpayers won't pay a dime for my seat on those planes."

Price said he was continuing to cooperate with an investigation opened by the Office of the Inspector General, as well as an internal review by his agency, and noted that all of his travel had been approved by the legal department and by HHS officials. According to reporting by Politico, his flights, of which there were at least 24, have cost the federal government about $300,000 this year. He at times used a jet to travel on official business but also combined the trips with personal business.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tom-price-to-stop-taxpayer-funded-private-jet-travel-repay-51000/article/2636001
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Tom Price to stop taxpayer-funded private jet travel, repay $51,000
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »
I saw the New York Liars of ABC news having a conniption fit about this on "Good Morning America",  and yet I noted at the time that not a d@mned one of them bitched about Obama's $65,000.00 expense of flying hot dogs and pizza into the white house from Chicago for one party he had.

Nobody said anything about Obama's billion dollar trip to India either.   

The New York Lying media is a threat to the nation because they manipulate the electorate with lies and omissions,  and insincere concern over things like the budget and "black lives"  etc.

The real hackers of elections are the Lying media,  not the Russians.   Without their propaganda,  the Senate would be 80% Republican and so too would be the House. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —