Author Topic: How Much Is Illegal Immigration Costing You? Here Are The Numbers.  (Read 642 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
How Much Is Illegal Immigration Costing You? Here Are The Numbers.
« on: September 29, 2017, 05:53:00 am »
How Much Is Illegal Immigration Costing You? Here Are The Numbers.

One of the reasons why there has been such a groundswell against illegal immigration is the burdensome cost it imposes on taxpayers. A new report shows that in toto, illegal immigration costs taxpayers over a hundred billion dollars a year.

The report, published by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), found that when adding together federal, state and local spending on illegal immigration, the total cost for taxpayers is nearly $135 billion.

The Left likes to claim the cost of illegal immigration is outweighed by the amount of taxes they pay, but FAIR found that illegals pay nearly $19 billion taxes to federal, state and local governments, meaning the net cost is $115 billion for taxpayers.

This is due to the fact that when illegals pay federal taxes, they are largely negated by tax credits and wage deductions since most illegals work in low-paying fields. Most of the cost of illegal immigration is at the state and local level since state laws typically allow illegals to have access to welfare programs and there are costs involving education, infrastructure and the legal system.

Paul Bedard of The Washington Examiner highlighted other key findings in the report:

•The staggering total costs of illegal immigrants and their children outweigh the taxes paid to federal and state governments by a ratio of roughly 7 to 1, with costs at nearly $135 billion compared to tax revenues at nearly $19 billion.

•The nearly $135 billion paid out by federal and state and local taxpayers to cover the cost of the presence of 12.5 million illegal aliens and their 4.2 million citizen children amounts to approximately $8,075 per illegal alien and citizen child prior to taxes paid, or $6,940 per person after taxes are paid.

•On the federal level, medical ($17.14 billion) is by far the highest cost, with law enforcement coming second ($13.15 billion) and general government services ($8 billion) third.

•At the state and local level, education ($44.4 billion) was by far the largest expense, followed by general public services ($18.5 billion) and medical ($12.1 billion).

•The top three states based on total cost to state taxpayers for illegal immigrants and their children: California ($23 billion); Texas ($10.9 billion), and New York ($7.5 billion).

-Continue

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21677/how-much-illegal-immigration-costing-you-here-are-aaron-bandler

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:03:56 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: How Much Is Illegal Immigration Costing You? Here Are The Numbers.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:33:00 am »
Good post.  The negative impact that illegal immigration has on our economy is tremendous and as we are now experiencing is no longer sustainable; this country can no longer support them period.  Many don't pay into the system yet draw from it ... meanwhile many have lost jobs to illegals or have experienced lost hours and stagnate wages, and have seen our tax burden raised. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:28 am »
Good post.  The negative impact that illegal immigration has on our economy is tremendous and as we are now experiencing is no longer sustainable; this country can no longer support them period.  Many don't pay into the system yet draw from it ... meanwhile many have lost jobs to illegals or have experienced lost hours and stagnate wages, and have seen our tax burden raised.

And crime... Lots of crime...

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:47:02 am »
It's costing us the degradation of our culture.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:12 am »
It's costing us the degradation of our culture.

Agreed, and the influx of illegal immigration along with an influx of refugees will cost us our sovereignty.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:34:51 pm »
Which shows that the investment in border integrity is one which could pay off huge dividends in the future.

If you could go back and buy Apple at IPO, would you? This is such an opportunity for America to invest in itself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis