Author Topic: Is the U.S. Military Preparing for War?  (Read 733 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Is the U.S. Military Preparing for War?
« on: September 27, 2017, 11:52:20 pm »
By Dan Goure

An interesting concatenation of parallel efforts to pull the U.S. military up by its proverbial bootstraps is beginning to show signs of purposeful strategic direction. There are calls from many quarters to increase the sizes of the Navy, Army, Air Force, , Marine Corps. Add to these the proposals to accelerate near-term Army land force modernization, ramp up the production rates of our most modern military systems such as Virginia-class submarines, the F-35 fighter, late model Army Black Hawk and Apache helicopters, and expand the Marine Corps’ amphibious warfare fleet.

We are beginning major new investments in a strategic bomber, an aerial tanker, a ballistic missile submarine, long-range cruise missiles and theater and strategic missile defenses. Then there are the efforts by organizations such as the Army’s brand-new Rapid Capabilities Office and the Pentagon’s Defense Innovation Unit Experimental (DIUx) to jumpstart modernization by repurposing existing capabilities in order to close critical capability gaps in such areas as electronic warfare and long-range fires. Finally, there are a wide range of potentially revolutionary capabilities being explored under the umbrella of the Third Offset Strategy.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-military-preparing-war-20666
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Is the U.S. Military Preparing for War?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:26 am »
It better be. Si vis pacem, para bellum still holds true.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:30 am »
It better be. Si vis pacem, para bellum still holds true.

It is the job of the US military to be prepared for war.  On any front.  At any time.  Period.  Of course they should be preparing for war on all days that end in y.....
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 03:47:52 am »
It is the job of the US military to be prepared for war.  On any front.  At any time.  Period.  Of course they should be preparing for war on all days that end in y.....

They are supposed "ready at a moments notice" but the incidents with the USS Fitzgearld and John McCain underscores a problem. Many of these men and women are overworked,understaffed,shocking low morale and the major departments have had their budgets cut. All of this was under the Obama Administration. I hope that President Trump will fix it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:55:52 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:18:21 pm »
They are supposed "ready at a moments notice" but the incidents with the USS Fitzgearld and John McCain underscores a problem. Many of these men and women are overworked,understaffed,shocking low morale and the major departments have had their budgets cut. All of this was under the Obama Administration. I hope that President Trump will fix it.

Just as Imam Obama planned.