Author Topic: Israeli Parliament Orders Review of Future F-35 Purchases  (Read 320 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Israeli Parliament Orders Review of Future F-35 Purchases
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:34:32 am »
The Israeli legislature upheld plans Monday to procure 50 F-35 Adir fighter aircraft, Israel’s official nomenclature for the jet, denoting awesomeness in modern Hebrew, but said an analysis of alternatives was needed before committing to buying 25 or 50 more F-35s, which the Israeli Air Force has requested, Defense News reports.

The IAF has considered fielding 75 to 100 F-35s total. Israel was the first country to select the F-35 through the US government’s Foreign Military Sales program, and is the only partner the Pentagon authorizes to modify the jet to IAF specifications with Israeli technicians (as opposed to Lockheed Martin’s maintenance crews).

Some of the first F-35s to roll off the production line may be relegated to training-only duty in light of costly measures required to retrofit the jets’ software systems from Block 2B to combat-ready Block 3F, according to a September 25 Sputnik report.

"With all the existing limitations" the F-35 presents – including engine fires, pilots experiencing oxygen deprivation, potentially neck-snapping helmets – “we cannot ignore the need to meticulously assess the face of the future, especially with regard to air combat platforms, which as so expensive, critical and [subject to] rapidly changing technologies," lawmakers wrote in a document published September 25.

The Israeli Defense Force should examine unmanned aerial vehicles and “other sources of precision fire” to replace the F-35 Adir, the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee’s report says.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201709271057728775-israeli-parliament-review-f-35-purchaes/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Israeli Parliament Orders Review of Future F-35 Purchases
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:46:45 am »
I would not worry too much. They would probably be making more purchases of the plane.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome