Author Topic: Rand Paul: Trump will take executive action on healthcare after Senate failure  (Read 280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: Trump will take executive action on healthcare after Senate failure
by Pete Kasperowicz | Sep 27, 2017, 9:06 AM

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., predicted Wednesday that President Trump would soon move on his own to make health insurance more affordable, after the Senate failed again this week to advance any bill to reform federal healthcare policy.

Paul said on MSNBC that he thinks Trump would move to reinterpret an existing law in order to make it easier for people to buy health insurance across state lines. That's a goal Republicans have had after since the passage of Obamacare in 2010.

"I think there's going to be big news from the White House in the next week or two, something they can do on their own," Paul said. "This is something I've been advocating for six months."

"I believe that President Trump can legalize on his own the ability of individuals to join a group or a health association across state lines and buy insurance," he added.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand-paul-trump-will-take-executive-action-on-healthcare-after-senate-failure/article/2635769
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The only executive action he needs to deploy is to declare the Congress insurance subsidy which makes them immune to Obamacare is removed. That is the only way Congress will repeal Obamacare-if they became subject to it.

Calling Trump: Remove Congress’ illegal exemption from Obamacare now

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/1/remove-congress-obamacare-exemption/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump preparing executive order to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines
Washington Examiner, Sep 27, 2917,  Gabby Morrongiello

President Trump is preparing an executive order to allow people to purchase health insurance across state lines, a reform conservatives have long championed as a way to bring costs down and stir greater competition in the national marketplace.

The executive action gives the White House a chance to follow through on at least one promise related to healthcare reform after Senate Republicans' second attempt to overhaul Obamacare failed this week. Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul first mentioned the action during a TV appearance Wednesday morning, saying Trump was considering taking matters into his own hands.

"I think there's going to be big news from the White House in the next week or two, something they can do on their own," Paul told MSNBC, adding that Trump "can legalize on his own the ability of individuals to join a group or a health association across state lines and buy insurance."

A Senate GOP source told the Washington Examiner the executive action is considered "a done deal" and likely to be announced "in the next few weeks."

Trump later confirmed to reporters he is likely to issue an order permitting "people to go out across state lines, do lots of things, and buy their own healthcare."

More:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-preparing-executive-order-to-let-americans-purchase-health-insurance-across-state-lines/article/2635808