Author Topic: Last George Carlin Interview (warning "R" rated)  (Read 456 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Last George Carlin Interview (warning "R" rated)
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:26:35 pm »
George Carlin had moments of greatness - he was not afraid to make fun of leftists. Carlin earned the enduring hatred of leftists mostly late in his career. Maybe he finally realized that he was a big enough star that he no longer had to be afraid of offending ANYONE (except perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court).

Anyway, Carlin's name came up on another thread and I went surfing for more information about him - I came across what turned out to be his last interview. As I suspected, he was deeper and more intelligent than what came across on stage.

Based on what I read here, it seems likely to me that had he had more time on this Earth, eventually he would have become more of a mystic and inclined to explore his spiritual side. I think he was not so much an atheist as a skeptic, who (because of his career) was inclined to focus on the negative aspects of things. So he did that in the case of religion and spirituality - focusing on people and things about religion that are negative (in his perception).
For those who may have an interest, here it is (warning, "R" rated):

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brainstorm/200806/george-carlins-last-interview
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:30:14 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)