Author Topic: Trump, GOP tax plan cuts rates, nearly doubles deduction  (Read 8641 times)

Offline MOD4

Re: Trump, GOP tax plan cuts rates, nearly doubles deduction
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2017, 05:14:55 am »
I was off topic with the cancer discussion. Was that something I shouldn't have done?
We have lots of secondary discussions. No problem. Name calling is the issue.

Offline corbe

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2017, 05:18:18 am »
   I apologize Mod4 I do need to work on my tolerance level more.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2017, 05:28:26 am »
Accepted.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2017, 06:06:58 am »

Dittos.  I need to leave this alone for a while....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2017, 09:54:28 am »
   If you weren't such a newbi @Kingx you'd know it's not a GOP Forum and doesn't pretend to be, it's a Conservative Forum.

888high58888  It isn't often that I put a newbie on ignore, but I was sick of his wash, rinse, dry and repeat cycle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2017, 10:18:31 am »
I did not advocate for you to pay more.  I advocated for the lower wage earners to pay less.  I am glad you are able to put your kids through grad school.  I don't fault you for being successful.  It is just that we need a break right now and government hasn't worked for us for a long, long time.

I work just as hard as you.  I work sometimes 30-40 hours of overtime so that I can pay my bills.  I was recently diagnosed with cancer.  I would love to not have to spend my entire waking hours working.  I have been a Republican all of my adult life.  But I have had it.  They have driven my wages down by being illegal alien advocates and they keep doing it.  I have been downsized and outsourced.  I have had my wages lowered and just recently topped what I made 20 years ago.  I am pissed.  I make just over a half dollar more than I did in 1996.  I have 40 years of experience in Electronics.  But people working at McDonalds make the same I do.  Do you get my frustration?

Again, I do not want to increase your tax.  Actually I don't give a darn about your tax.  I am thinking about me.

Chosen, I am saddened to read of your situation and am praying for you and will definitely keep you in my prayers. I am sure you are overwhelmed with a cancer diagnosis now on top of everything else.  I understand your frustration with the looming tax situation.  Hubby was laid off years ago and he took a job with the county as they promised a pension and offered healthcare for the family at a reasonable rate; though working for the county was a cut in pay, he took the job because of the benefits. I haven't been able to work for years because of various circumstances and finally managed to go back to school.  I studied like crazy and was able to graduate earlier, I landed a job with medical benefits and a pension and went through two weeks of training. I was so happy to have gotten the job and felt that our financial strains would finally be resolved. On my actual first day of work, I had a heart attack at work, had two stents put in and had to have a third put in 6 weeks later ... I was asked to terminate my position!  So ... we've been struggling and need to down size.  My husband can't work forever and now has health issues and needs to retire.  With the new tax codes it appears that his pension will be taxed, our healthcare will be taxed and our tax bracket will be raised.  I don't know what to do from here. (Sorry to complain).

I understand your frustration with the GOP; I gave up on them long ago.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:19:05 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2017, 10:33:54 am »
Chosen, I am saddened to read of your situation and am praying for you and will definitely keep you in my prayers. I am sure you are overwhelmed with a cancer diagnosis now on top of everything else.  I understand your frustration with the looming tax situation.  Hubby was laid off years ago and he took a job with the county as they promised a pension and offered healthcare for the family at a reasonable rate; though working for the county was a cut in pay, he took the job because of the benefits. I haven't been able to work for years because of various circumstances and finally managed to go back to school.  I studied like crazy and was able to graduate earlier, I landed a job with medical benefits and a pension and went through two weeks of training. I was so happy to have gotten the job and felt that our financial strains would finally be resolved. On my actual first day of work, I had a heart attack at work, had two stents put in and had to have a third put in 6 weeks later ... I was asked to terminate my position!  So ... we've been struggling and need to down size.  My husband can't work forever and now has health issues and needs to retire.  With the new tax codes it appears that his pension will be taxed, our healthcare will be taxed and our tax bracket will be raised.  I don't know what to do from here. (Sorry to complain).

I understand your frustration with the GOP; I gave up on them long ago.

I was told by a wise man many years ago, "do the best you can and live with the consequences". That's all we can do. One day at a time. Take stock of what we have today and make the most of of it. Don't let the fear and worry of a very uncertain future destroy what you have right now. This is a pep talk for me too... It's been a rough several years with no relief in sight...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2017, 11:47:48 am »

I'm not a politician.  My opinion doesn't change based on the audience.

Has nothing to to with politics and everything to do with some courtesy and etiquette when you're the FNG on the forum.

Makes all the difference in the world in how people react to you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2017, 01:44:36 pm »

Sure it is... and I'm the queen of Egypt.

And I'm an Ogre!  Ogres have great powers and can smell a troll from miles away!  In your case I started FE FI FO FUMIN at post number uno!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2017, 05:19:57 pm »
This one's a real piece of work.  Trashing Briefers within hours of being accepted for membership by the Mods.

@Cyber Liberty

I'm beginning to wonder if that was his aim, all along.   :pondering:

Regardless, he needs to work on his manners.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2017, 05:32:21 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I'm beginning to wonder if that was his aim, all along.   :pondering:

Regardless, he needs to work on his manners.

Well, he says he's outta here, so I guess that means he'll be doing that with his buddies at DU.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2017, 07:54:22 pm »
Well, he says he's outta here, so I guess that means he'll be doing that with his buddies at DU.  :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

I hope he enjoys his little high-five yuck, yuck party.  Cheap thrills, man.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I hope he enjoys his little high-five yuck, yuck party.  Cheap thrills, man.

Emphasis on "cheap."  Nothing expensive about signing up on a free forum and then stirring the pot.  The other resident liberal has 10X the balls.
I will NOT comply.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2017, 12:47:05 am »
ENOUGH! Locking the thread