Author Topic: Otto Warmbier's parents recall how he was ‘howling,’ ‘jerking violently’ when they reunited after North Korea prison release  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY
Jessica Schladebeck
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 9:03 AM

The parents of Otto Warmbier recalled the optimism they felt when they learned their son was being released from a prison in North Korea during their first interview, three months after their son’s death.

Fred and Cindy Warmbier told Fox and Friends they knew their son was in a coma, but hoped medical care in the United States would be enough to save Otto. As soon as they boarded the plane that carried him back to the United States, however, they were met with “howling, this involuntary, inhuman sound.”

At that point, both Otto’s mother and younger sister ran from the plane.

more
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/parents-otto-warmbier-recall-son-torture-north-korea-article-1.3522067
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline anubias

It is.  An unimaginable nightmare for a parent.

Online mountaineer

Too many Americans are ignorant of just what a horrible place North Korea is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
“Otto had a shaved head, he had a feeding tube coming out of his nose, he was staring blankly into space, jerking violently,” Fred told the news station. “He was blind. He was deaf. As we looked at him and tried to comfort him, it looked like someone had taken a pair of pliers and rearranged his bottom teeth.”

Good grief. 

Silver Pines

I don't see how we can let North Korea get away with this.

Offline Applewood

Offline skeeter

Too many Americans are ignorant of just what a horrible place North Korea is.

And has been for decades. I remember years ago the Norks killing two American servicemen with hatchets because they tried to prune a tree in the DMZ.

I won't be sorry to see that place burn.

Silver Pines

And has been for decades. I remember years ago the Norks killing two American servicemen with hatchets because they tried to prune a tree in the DMZ.

I won't be sorry to see that place burn.

@skeeter

My God.

Offline Applewood

**nononono*

All I've heard for years is North Korea is bad, North Korea is dangerous, we are going to do this or that to NK, blah, blah, blah.  We knew long before Trump came along that NK was developing a nuclear arsenal and acquiring weapons of mass destruction.  Our leaders have whined, complained and threatened.  They made half-hearted attempts at diplomacy.  There have been sanctions and now even more sanctions.  Sanctions don't work.  Diplomacy doesn't work.  Rhetoric doesn't work.  What is needed and has been needed for years is decisive military action.  But it won't happen.  Our military was weakened by 8 years of Obama, neglect, underfunding and political correctness.  We could have slapped NK down years ago before that country built up its arsenal.  We didn't.  And right now, we can't. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:50:50 pm by Applewood »

Offline thackney

While I agree NK needs to have it's abilities to threaten brought under tighter control, the over the top punishment of a very foolish child who thought the rules didn't apply to him isn't the hill to risk American lives or even spend taxpayer dollars.  Nuclear ICBMs are another story.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

They've gotten away with much worse on multiple occasions.  They tried to assassinate the SK president at least 3 times, seized the USS Pueblo, sank the Cheonan, shot down a US spy plane in international waters, killed US soldiers in the DMZ with hatchets, shelled a SK island, abducted foreign citizens to teach their spies how to infiltrate their countries...etc.  Truly a place the world could do without.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.