Author Topic: New Survey: 64 Percent Of Americans Say NFL Players Should Stand For Anthem [VIDEO]  (Read 510 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
New Survey: 64 Percent Of Americans Say NFL Players Should Stand For Anthem [VIDEO]

Nearly two-thirds of Americans say NFL players should stand and be respectful during the playing of the national anthem, according to a survey released on Monday.

A survey by Remington Research Group found that 64 percent of voters agree with President Trump and want players to stand for the anthem. The survey also found that 80 percent of voters want less politics in sports, while 51 percent say they are watching less football than in previous years.
Among those watching less football, 69 percent pointed to “Players using the NFL as a stage for their political views” as the primary reason why.

The survey appears to contradict the popular media narrative that public opinion was on the side of the players kneeling during the anthem. ESPN’s day-long coverage of Trump and the NFL on Monday was almost exclusively negative. (RELATED: Trump Has ESPN Thinking They’re Actually CNN)

The poll results caused ESPN contributor Will Cain to wonder on Tuesday whether ESPN’s journalists are living in a “media bubble” that leaves them out of touch with public opinion.

snip

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/26/new-survey-64-percent-of-americans-say-nfl-players-should-stand-for-anthem-video/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I called the NFL at 866-725-0063 and let them know that I think the ignorant overpaid ingrates who could never earn millions of dollars a year in another country have disrespected our country and it needs to stop. If they want to work on race relations, do it in a meaningful way.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If NFL players were paid by their IQ scores, many of them would be lucky to earn minimum wage.

Oh, wait they do, they're called team jerseys!

Offline Concerned

A pretty obvious push poll.  One key question was as follows:  "Last week, Donald Trump said NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem. Do you think NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem?" I think they "should stand and be respectful", but I certainly respect their right NOT to and I certainly don't want big government dictating that they HAVE to or if they don't, that big government believes their private employer should fire them. 

Another question was:  "Do you support protesting during the national anthem at the beginning of NFL games, or is there a more appropriate place for players to protest?

Support: 31%
There is a more appropriate place to protest: 60%
Unsure: 9%"

Of course, there's a more appropriate place to protest, but the 1st Amendment certainly allows them the opportunity to protest during the national anthem even though it is "more appropriate" for them to protest some other time.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline raml

The rules of the NFL are quite clear stand at anthem and have helmet in one hand they do not have a right to protest. The poll was very accurate and I bet even more than they say are against it.

Offline Applewood

The rules of the NFL are quite clear stand at anthem and have helmet in one hand they do not have a right to protest. The poll was very accurate and I bet even more than they say are against it.

I don't know about elsewhere, but after the Steelers pulled their stunt on Sunday, fans started burning their team gear.  The team tried some damage control,  but I'm not sure it worked.  There are plenty of liberals around Pittsburgh, but there is also a significant aged population that doesn't go for this nonsense. 

Online DB

It really only matters what their fans think.

And we'll know that soon enough.

Offline NavyCanDo

Should they stand? Yes. But should there be a law making them do so, No. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn