Author Topic: Republicans on edge with Roy Moore poised to upset Luther Strange in Alabama  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans on edge with Roy Moore poised to upset Luther Strange in Alabama
by David M. Drucker | Sep 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

BIRMINGHAM — Voters head to the polls Tuesday for a crucial special election for an Alabama Senate seat that could shake Republicans in Washington and upend the party's plans to expand its majority in 2018.

Outspoken social warrior and former Alabama Supreme Court chief justice Roy Moore was poised to upset Sen. Luther Strange in a GOP primary runoff despite President's Trump's coveted endorsement and the millions party-aligned groups spent on behalf of the genteel conservative appointed in January to replace popular Republican Jeff Sessions.

Senior Republican officials are uneasy. They worry Moore's victory would fuel a groundswell of enthusiasm on the populist Right, triggering a wave of well-resourced primaries that weaken Republican incumbents — or worse, see them ousted in favor of weak general election nominees, dashing GOP hopes of broadening its 52-seat majority.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-on-edge-with-roy-moore-poised-to-upset-luther-strange-in-alabama/article/2635599
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's going to be a beautiful thing to see the look on the Turtle's face when Judge Moore wins!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

It's going to be a beautiful thing to see the look on the Turtle's face when Judge Moore wins!

Hope so, but I am not going to count my chicken before they catch.

Online corbe

Strange: I want to be on offense with Trump with US at ‘turning point’

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 09/26/17 10:01 AM EDT 

Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) said in an interview on his election day that he hopes to be working with President Trump “on offense,” arguing the United States is at “a turning point.”

“I want to be on offense with the president and the vice president because this is a turning point in our country,” Strange told "Fox & Friends.”

“We can’t have any more obstructionists, any more people that just want to give speeches. We need results, conservative results. That’s why I want to be up there. I think that’s why I’ve hit it off with the president so well.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/352431-strange-i-want-to-be-on-offense-with-trump-with-us-at-turning-point

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

It's going to be a beautiful thing to see the look on the Turtle's  Trump's face when Judge Moore wins!

Fixed it for ya @Bigum, I hope you're not offended, like some here are when you acknowledge making slight adjustments to their posts by way of the Quote function and an overabundance of snark.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
  Fixed it for ya @Bigum, I hope you're not offended, like some here are when you acknowledge making slight adjustments to their posts by way of the Quote function and an overabundance of snark.

For me it will be the look on the Tuttle's face but to each his own.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Never pass up an opportunity to bash Trump huh?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Roy Moore is a goober IMO.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

OK! Your opinion is noted!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Republicans on edge with Roy Moore poised to upset Luther Strange in Alabama
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »

@Bigun
I hope Moore does win, if nothing else it would be a finger in the eye of the left.

Are you gonna video yourself eating a big plate of crow if he loses?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Republicans on edge with Roy Moore poised to upset Luther Strange in Alabama
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 02:27:31 pm »

Better that...than bought and paid for by the GOP Establishment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 02:29:29 pm »
@Bigun
I hope Moore does win, if nothing else it would be a finger in the eye of the left.

Are you gonna video yourself eating a big plate of crow if he loses?

Nope!  If it happens it happens but I think the people of Alabama are smarter than many here seem to think they are!

- J. R. R. Tolkien