Author Topic: Protesters fill halls outside ObamaCare repeal hearing  (Read 652 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Protesters fill halls outside ObamaCare repeal hearing
« on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:37 pm »
Protesters fill halls outside ObamaCare repeal hearing
By Peter Sullivan - 09/25/17 01:05 PM EDT

Protesters filled the halls of a Senate office building Monday, waiting in a long, snaking line to get into a hearing room for the consideration of the GOP ObamaCare repeal bill.

Some of those in line in the Dirksen Senate Office Building said they arrived at 5 a.m. to get a spot before the 2 p.m. hearing.

The Senate Finance Committee's hearing on Monday will be the only one on the last-ditch repeal effort from GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) and Bill Cassidy (La.). It comes just days before a potential vote.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/352261-activists-fill-halls-outside-obamacare-repeal-hearing-room
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Protesters fill halls outside ObamaCare repeal hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:37:27 pm »
The don't have the votes (unless some last minute changes are made); unfortunately the protestors don't get it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:29:58 pm »
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Republicans will never vote for repeal.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 11:37:56 pm »
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Republicans will never vote for repeal.
I had to read the article. I wasn't sure if it was people protesting that their insurance would be cut, or people protesting that their insurance was wiped out by Obamacare and the "repeel" bill (as in coat it with another color re-peel) wasn't going to help them either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »
I got nuthin' else to do, and as long as someone's payin' for me to sit down in a hallway, what the heck.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:57:33 pm »
I got nuthin' else to do, and as long as someone's payin' for me to sit down in a hallway, what the heck.
Gee, if we had the backing, we could have conservative rent-a-mobs too. Only they'd be better behaved.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 01:10:09 pm »
Gee, if we had the backing, we could have conservative rent-a-mobs too. Only they'd be better behaved.
This bunch probably left all kinds of trash behind.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 01:27:59 pm »
Conservatives have jobs - private sector jobs, and largely non-union jobs. They often can't afford to take time off and unlike many of our "public servants", would never expect to be paid to agitate.

Once the government gets its out-sized hooks into something that used to be private, it never, ever lets go.

Each newly-created Beneficiary Class has an instantly focused interest in maintaining and expanding its benefit, and either develops its own support infrastructure or attaches itself to an existing one, while the far broader class of taxpayers remains diffuse, disorganized and often, politically impotent.  Guess who always wins?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 02:00:44 pm »
Conservatives have jobs - private sector jobs, and largely non-union jobs. They often can't afford to take time off and unlike many of our "public servants", would never expect to be paid to agitate.
I dunno. Things are a little slack in my part of the oil patch. With the right backing people could be flown in from all over, giving an even more diverse coalition of conservatives to protest. Pay a decent salary and reasonable expenses and I'd consider it. There are a lot of underemployed conservatives out here, too.

Once the government gets its out-sized hooks into something that used to be private, it never, ever lets go.

Each newly-created Beneficiary Class has an instantly focused interest in maintaining and expanding its benefit, and either develops its own support infrastructure or attaches itself to an existing one, while the far broader class of taxpayers remains diffuse, disorganized and often, politically impotent.  Guess who always wins?
That's because the dependent classes support a huge bureaucracy and affiliated businesses who lobby for the eternal life of the programs they live off of. It's big money--our money.

C S Lewis