Author Topic: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview  (Read 17620 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: ‘Homosexual Conduct Should Be Illegal,’ Roy Moore Said in ‘05 Interview
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2017, 05:40:00 pm »
@Frank Cannon
I know a lady who became a Jew so she could have a girlfriend.

LOL. Hilarious.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2017, 05:40:55 pm »
Then by all means, let’s have the government arrest and imprison all the heterosexual people who are having pre-martital sex or having extra-marital affairs. They will be way too busy to bother the homos then.

There are many, many other “Biblical” laws.  Do you follow all of them? Do you want our government, in flagrant opposition to our Constitution, to enforce all these religious laws or just the ones you want enforced?

@Neverdul
Biblical law is complex.   What I was taught is that if its stated in the old testament and reiterated in the new testament then it still applies.   Otherwise that law no longer binds us.    For example the law not to eat pork.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2017, 05:44:05 pm »
Yes, by God's laws.  He did not say to stone Gentiles who did not obey His law.

If they were among his people, indeed he did. There is one law, for the native and the stranger. And in this case (at that time), 'Among his people' was largely the jurisdiction of the Law of Moses.

And that Law, I might add, the prophets declare, will go forth from Jerusalem, and the whole earth will keep it. That jurisdiction arrived at the Cross, and is to be implemented soon, so stay tuned!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2017, 05:45:50 pm »
I don't see how it can be make much clearer!
Maybe wiping two cities off the face of the Earth in a rain of fire?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:52 pm »
LOL. Hilarious.
I thought pork was forbidden?  :nometalk:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2017, 05:47:36 pm »
Jesus said "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." 

That particular statement is often abused... The salient point is that everything belongs to YHWH... To include the very air in Caesar's lungs.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »
I thought pork was forbidden?  :nometalk:

Pork is forbidden, but gefilte fish is A O K.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2017, 05:51:57 pm »
Pork is forbidden, but gefilte fish is A O K.

:thud:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »

Exclamation points to be sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2017, 05:58:15 pm »

Biblical law is complex.

No it's not.

What I was taught is that if its stated in the old testament and reiterated in the new testament then it still applies.   Otherwise that law no longer binds us.    For example the law not to eat pork.

Nothing binds us to keep Torah, except our love of YHWH. But if we love him, we will keep his commandments.
And no, it's not ok to eat pork. There is no such change. There is no change at all.

@Neverdul

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2017, 06:02:26 pm »
Homosexuality is a sin against nature, but not society.

As with all lawlessness whether civil or against nature and nature's God - sin and lawlessness once given license and preference, are never content to co-exist with the status of laws of nature and nature's God, or the laws of a civil society.  It's very nature is to tear down and destroy and subjugate everything to it's own lawlessness.

This was true in Genesis 19 and it is true today.

Homosexual lawlessness once given license and 'equality' will never rest until all are forced to accept, celebrate and participate.  That is it's nature.

As such - it is a sin not only against nature - but against the civil society and liberty as it was enshrined for us by our forbears.

If we are not self-governed by God - we will be ruled by the tyranny of men, whose morality is based on his own selfish desires - and not God's.

Franklin himself said that only a virtuous and moral people are capable of freedom, because as society becomes more vicious - it will require overlords to subjugate the people to maintain order.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2017, 06:07:14 pm »

No it's not.

Nothing binds us to keep Torah, except our love of YHWH. But if we love him, we will keep his commandments.
And no, it's not ok to eat pork. There is no such change. There is no change at all.

That is an entirely different study - and one I do not think the members here are ready for - and one which is not permitted on this board if I understand the rules correctly.

I do not find that a discussion of that issue (or the list given by never dull) ever goes well without visceral argumentation among those who do live by what they understand in scripture.

It is enough to focus on what directly affects liberty, and the comments that Moore made are simply being used to stoke a flame by the anti-Christian brigades who hate that Moore exists and was elected to be the nominee for the office.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2017, 06:11:35 pm »
That is an entirely different study - and one I do not think the members here are ready for - and one which is not permitted on this board if I understand the rules correctly.

Alright. I said what needs to be said. I'll back out.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2017, 06:15:48 pm »
Here is a radical proposal; how about this?

How about all devout Christians follow any religious laws and practices they choose, so long as they don't harm others, or infringe on the others' freedoms, or violate civil laws.

And until the Constitution is amended to incorporate the Bible, let others simply observe our nation's civil laws.

Finally, DNA science is in its infancy (just a few decades). It is used scientifically for proof in crimes, for paternity, for genealogy, for medical science.

They are still in very early stages of identifying specific genetic material with various characteristics. They would NOT be using it for medicine, if it was not solid science.

I expect that as more is learned there will be more information upon which to revise unscientific views, for those willing to do so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:47 pm »

No it's not.

@Neverdul

yes it is

and yes there is
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »
Here is a radical proposal; how about this?

How about all devout Christians follow any religious laws and practices they choose, so long as they don't harm others, or infringe on the others' freedoms, or violate civil laws.

The problem with your proposal is that it is not reciprocated by the lawless.  They are free to impose, harm and infringe upon our freedom to refuse association, service or abstain due to conscience - because as our Resident Leftists has stated; his goal is to punish 'bigots' as he defines them.

So - no dice.  Your proposal in only applied in one direction - and that is not a proposal I will agree to.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2017, 06:25:07 pm »
One point - transgenderism is very, very different from plain ol' homosexuality.  They shouldn't be lumped together.

One of my constant laments is the tendency of people to see artificial boundaries of their own creation where none in fact do exist.   

"Homosexuality" is not even homosexuality.   It has dozens of iterations all of which fall under the umbrella of "Homosexuality."   

For example,  there are "tops"  and "bottoms".    There are "Butch"  and "Fems".   There are "Daddys"  and "Sons".    There are all sorts of splinter fetishes that make up the "Homosexual"  community,  and they generally regard "Transgenders"   as just a subfetish of "fem"  homosexuality.   

The point is,  they are all different variations of crazy,  and so it doesn't really matter whether you want to consider one group homosexual or not.   The problem doesn't really revolve around physiology,  it is all mental.   They are no different from that Kook that wants to believe he is a female Dragon.   

He's cut off his ears and his nose to make himself look more "Dragon like".    He's a nut.  They are all nuts,  and we shouldn't be paying much heed to what they think they want to be sexually,  or what member of the animal kingdom they think they are today.    They are nuts. 

Varying degrees of "nuts",  but still "Nuts!" 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2017, 06:29:07 pm »
I figure that as long as they don’t engage in lewd public behavior, or try to make the case for equivalency between the behaviors, who they choose (or are compelled) to love doesn’t affect my pursuit of happiness.

Except for that AIDS epidemic thing. 

I've read many times that the reservoir of sexually transmitted diseases in a nation is always the homosexual community.    Having 10 sex partners in a day is a pretty good way to spread around a lot of disease.   

I'm not even going to go into their predilection for suicide,  child molestation and serial killing,   because those are lesser secondary effects of their behavior  and mostly do not affect too many other people.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »
Insult, @Smokin Joe ?!  You're the one who said "is a good start" about a large number who will die.  Sounds like worship of death, not life.

I do no such thing.  I advocate the right of a person to make that choice. 
You asked me about worship services of the Greek God of Death. I am a Christian and take that as an insult.

I said it is a self-correcting problem. That 1.3 million walking dead people are a start at that self-correction. (One trillion of our obamacare insurance premiums will go to pay for that, or we will be fined for not chipping in and our taxes will make up the difference).

Pity so many want to deceive others into joining them in that or a host of other health problems that result from doing things with parts of the body that they just were not designed for.

That difference between vaginal and anal tissue is what leads to the serological transfer which makes a homosexual male between 40 and 80 times more likely to be infected than a woman in a sex act with an infected man. I am not the one who advocated the type of behaviour that has led to over a million HIV/AIDS infected people (although it is not the only behaviour which has done so).

Who is advocating for the culture of death because it "feels good", now? Certainly not me, I have been consistently opposed to buggery and homosexuality which accounts for the most virulent and promiscuous activity.
Homosexual men 44-86 times more likely to be infect with HIV:  "In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women." (Center for Disease Control)
As far as the thread topic goes, perhaps making the sort of behaviour which accounts for the vast majority of these people becoming walking dead would slow that rate. (If you want to stuff it up your wife's ass and she is okay with that, not just so insecure she won't tell you it isn't her favorite thing, that's up to you two.)

Admittedly, Matthew 10:14 says that "When someone does something we don't like, we are to take it to the Governor or the Senate, to pass laws against it" or something like that, I guess.
Nope, that isn't what it says at all.

Matt 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Shaking the dust off your feet when you leave a place has far worse implications for those who would not listen.

The next verse...

Matthew 10:15
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:44:02 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2017, 06:37:20 pm »

“Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes,” Moore said. “It is immoral, it is defined by the law as detestable, it was against the law in most states until the Supreme Court … said that it wasn’t.”

Moore has the Biblical morality, conviction and courage to stand up against the homosexual abomination.

Moore is right.

The USSC [which has legalized blasphemy, murder and perversion] shot down state anti-sodomy laws.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:38:22 pm by KingsX »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:22 pm »

He hasn't wiped out any cities recently.   We're supposed to believe that He destroyed two cities more than 2,000 years ago because of some gays, but yet He's tolerated the Holocaust and all the millions who've been murdered in His name since that time?   

I can see God laughing out loud at the gullibility of man.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »
He hasn't wiped out any cities recently.   

Well then let us rape, murder pillage and butt plug one another until we reach enlightenment because Dad hasn't wiped out cities recently!

We're supposed to believe that He destroyed two cities more than 2,000 years ago because of some gays,

Yes, you have made it perfectly clear you do not believe in the God as revealed in scripture.  You only believe in the god of your own imagination.  We got that already.

but yet He's tolerated the Holocaust and all the millions who've been murdered in His name since that time?   

Did Hitler murder the Jews in His Name?   Having trouble finding that declaration that all Germany saluted and got behind.

That said, what MILLIONS since 1945 have been murdered in the God of Scripture's Name as you assert?

Murdered in the name of Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot - that I find.  I do not find millions murdered in the Name of Christ, even when you assert that as fact.

I can see God laughing at your silly attempts to justify abomination in His Name.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:58 pm »
He hasn't wiped out any cities recently.   We're supposed to believe that He destroyed two cities more than 2,000 years ago because of some gays, but yet He's tolerated the Holocaust and all the millions who've been murdered in His name since that time?   

He destroyed two cities because they were immoral.
 From Genesis 19, the story:

1:The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry[a] his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

So Lot and his family were spared because they were the ONLY people in town who found favor with The Almighty--and listened.

As for that being the last of it, well, you left out a few things. a multitude of volcanic eruptions including Pompeii and Herculaneum, the sacking (and fall) of Rome, The Crusades, the Black Death, Cholera, Typhus, the Port Royal Earthquake, The London Fire, the year without a summer, the Chicago Fire, the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Yellow Fever, the Spanish Flu, ...not counting Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, between natural and man made disasters, including multiple events in some places (Haiti comes to mind), oh, and AIDS/HIV.

Laugh at our gullibility?
Hardly, because those of us who know Him know who is the Deceiver; Alinsky dedicated his book to that one who leads humans down the path to self-destruction, especially the gullible.

More like weep at it, and our hubris which leads to self-destruction. But He will have the last word.

The fire thing is still there, now more than ever, especially with little Kim trying to play Archduke Ferdinand.

Only moral people will refrain from the widespread use of nukes. The rest will dream of ruling over the ashes from their bunkers.

C S Lewis

RAT Patrol

« Reply #423 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:19 pm »
@Jazzhead

You will be happy to know the 5 in my family happily voted for Roy Moore today. You're welcome, have a nice day.

Sent from a state that voted over 81% that marriage should be only between a man and a woman. We aren't worried about Doug Jones come December.

A big THANK YOU to your family for that.  I have had a great big smile on my face since last night.  I'm elated that he won.  THANK YOU ALABAMA!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:29:02 am by RAT Patrol »

RAT Patrol