Author Topic: East Texas cheerleader takes unique oath  (Read 441 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
East Texas cheerleader takes unique oath
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:56:13 am »
..and now for something completely different to counteract the hate... I know this young lady's parents and can attest she was raised right. (like there was any question). She already has a 15 year plan written out to become a pediatric cardiologist. How many 18 year old high school cheerleaders do you know who are like this?  Her boyfriend is in the Army.

A Gilmer High School cheerleader is taking the stand to join our nation's military.  The way she was sworn in was a little different than what you might expect.

It was just another fall Friday at Gilmer High for Kimberly Townsend on September 15. It was game day and she was suited up for her pep rally. .....

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/east-texas-cheerleader-takes-unique-oath/818451598?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KETK_NBC

Offline mountaineer

Re: East Texas cheerleader takes unique oath
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:55 pm »
That is outstanding, @AbaraXas !   :patriot:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:53:36 pm »
They are few and far between.  When my son was in AFJROTC in Germany...at the yearly banquet...there was an active duty AF Captain there representing the Commanding General of Air Force ROTC...she presented the Cadet Commander of my son's Flight with basically a blank check scholarship...good for any ROTC Program in the Country...to include if she chose the Air Force Academy.

I don't know how that girl had time to sleep.  She was in all kinds of academic, sports and of course JROTC activities.

She ended up cashing in that scholarship at Baylor.

Kudos to this young lady as well for having a plan and succeeding with it.   
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:50 pm »
..and now for something completely different to counteract the hate... I know this young lady's parents and can attest she was raised right. (like there was any question). She already has a 15 year plan written out to become a pediatric cardiologist. How many 18 year old high school cheerleaders do you know who are like this?  Her boyfriend is in the Army.
@AbaraXas That is the kind of good news I need after al the sour grapes from the spoiled millionaires.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 03:21:49 pm »
Very nice!