Author Topic: Steelers Alejandro Villanueva: ‘I Threw My Teammates Under The Bus Unintentionally’  (Read 6116 times)

Offline thackney

You, together with all the 'Principles' in the world....will not be enough to keep you and your offspring out of a life of 'servitude' to the State.

And while you're deciding.....please step to the side and get the hell out of the way.

No thanks.  I haven't given up authority for my actions to you or others.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You, together with all the 'Principles' in the world....will not be enough to keep you and your offspring out of a life of 'servitude' to the State.

And while you're deciding.....please step to the side and get the hell out of the way.

Meanwhile you embrace the very things that have gotten this country to the sorry state its in right now in the name of "revenge".

But revenge isn’t the answer. In the long run, it doesn’t do anyone any good. And it won't do anything to stem the Liberal assault on everything America used to stand for...nor will it restored this country to any semblance of Constitutionality.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meanwhile you embrace the very things that have gotten this country to the sorry state its in right now in the name of "revenge".

But revenge isn’t the answer. In the long run, it doesn’t do anyone any good. And it won't do anything to stem the Liberal assault on everything America used to stand for...nor will it restored this country to any semblance of Constitutionality.
Well, some think it is:
” After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve.  There is going to be hell to pay.  Congress won’t be a problem for us this time.”
Valerie Jarrett

Some folks around here are sounding more like that reptile every day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:hands:  @DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

It's not "revenge", numb nutz!

It's a valuable and successfully proven tool to utilize in obtaining victory....and ("...to hear the lamentation of their women")   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's not "revenge", numb nutz!

It's a valuable and successfully proven tool to utilize in obtaining victory....and ("...to hear the lamentation of their women")   :smokin:
Genocide works. Chlorine gas. Maybe VX? And there are always nukes (made in the USA, tested in Japan), those work, too. Starvation is a weapon of mass destruction, too.

The hell it isn't revenge, the whole campaign reeked of 'getting even' with anyone who got in your way, just like theirs did.   
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

You and me both.  Sad that some people's beleifs and values are for sale to the highest bidder.
@txradioguy @D C Patriot @Smokin Joe @Thakney
There is a difference between stooping to their level and giving them "a taste of their own medicine".
The leftists/ media have deserved a smack down for a long time and I am glad to see that Trump is willing to take the fight to them.
I don't particularly care for his gutter tactics, but the Republicans/ Conservatives have been the "gentlemen" fighters for too long.
We need our party to be willing to throw an elbow when it is needed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Silver Pines

Like hell, it is.

The majority of 'fans' understand the position he was in, once Mike Tomlin made the '100% unity' statment.

Roethisberger's statement of insomnia/guilt 'Trumps' Tomlin's.

I'd proudly still wear/buy his jersey.

@DCPatriot

Sure it is.  If you apologize for something, say you regret it, and that you're embarrassed you did it, you're saying you wouldn't do it if you could go back. 

Silver Pines

I tend to agree, @verga. He did the brave, right thing on Sunday. He did a chicken thing on Monday.

It's hard to believe an Army Ranger with a Bronze Star wouldn't exhibit more backbone, even to his boss.

Having lost all interest in pro football, I really don't care what he or any of the rest of them do this weekend.

@mountaineer

Agreed. 

I don't much care, either.  I had pretty much lost interest before any of this blew up because my team isn't worth a damn.  At least they all stood for the anthem.

Silver Pines

Trump makes the masks come off.

@dfwgator

Yes, but don't don't lose sight of the fact that he did this to create a distraction over his immigration backpedal.  No one's talking about that now. 

Offline thackney

There is a difference between stooping to their level and giving them "a taste of their own medicine".
The leftists/ media have deserved a smack down for a long time and I am glad to see that Trump is willing to take the fight to them.
I don't particularly care for his gutter tactics, but the Republicans/ Conservatives have been the "gentlemen" fighters for too long.

Not for me.  That attitude won't get my support.  And it didn't in this election.  I wasn't alone.  And I don't intend to change who I am.  Wishing I would just go away will work as well as it does with the liberals.

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Sure it is.  If you apologize for something, say you regret it, and that you're embarrassed you did it, you're saying you wouldn't do it if you could go back.

That wasn't 'Villanueva', who apologized.   

His personal DNA instincts pushed him to the point he HAD to see the flag.  It was his nature.

You can't blame him no more than that scorpion in the fable.

But, as I have a 'Doctorate' in human nature and the importance of locker room chemistry...gleaned from 60 years dealing with people, and fifteen years of organized baseball.

... I understand Villanueva having to put himself as not a 'Hero', but a selfish rogue, loner.

It was all for his teammates.

There HAD to be at least a dozen other members on that team and/or staff that didn't get the chance to express that same need to stand tall like Villanueva.  THEY were cheated.

And they are angry because THEY are grouped in with the herd, while he's selling jerseys as the Lone Ranger.   Pun intended.

So....I'll buy the jersey proudly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:00:25 pm by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

Not for me.  That attitude won't get my support.  And it didn't in this election.  I wasn't alone.  And I don't intend to change who I am.  Wishing I would just go away will work as well as it does with the liberals.

Nobody told you to go away.   It was "step aside".    ^-^

Glad you're here, @thackney   

Online DCPatriot

@dfwgator

Yes, but don't don't lose sight of the fact that he did this to create a distraction over his immigration backpedal.  No one's talking about that now.

LOL!   Opening Day of the NFL waits for nobody.

It was merely a lucky break....a coincidence.

What's fascinating is that nobody is covering the calamity of Puerto Rico.  THAT sh*t is real.

Online DCPatriot

Genocide works. Chlorine gas. Maybe VX? And there are always nukes (made in the USA, tested in Japan), those work, too. Starvation is a weapon of mass destruction, too.

The hell it isn't revenge, the whole campaign reeked of 'getting even' with anyone who got in your way, just like theirs did.

Stop trolling, please?      22222frying pan

Offline thackney

Nobody told you to go away.   It was "step aside".    ^-^

Glad you're here, @thackney

I'm not interested in watching from the sidelines either. 

I'm am glad I'm here and glad for dissenting opinions, including yours without qualifications.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump loves America; that's why he did it. This is what Rush says. I'll go with Rush.

Let's see how those votes line up per immigration, again, those bringing this up, seemed to support someone who wanted to grant illegals, legal residency (amnesty), offer almost unlimited green cards and expand the H1B1 visa program, whatever Red State.com types can point to though.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen: Couldn't agree more!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

But one of the most premier Never Trumpers throughout the 2015-16 campaign was Rich Lowry, National Review Online. He wrote and filed a piece yesterday called, “Why Trump Is President,” and his Alabama speech Friday night and his comments on the NFL is what Rich Lowry now realizes is why Trump is president. It isn’t complicated. You have a man who is very clear in his love for the country, his love of its traditions and his appreciation for it. - Rush
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,282774.0.html

Online DCPatriot

I'm not interested in watching from the sidelines either. 

I'm am glad I'm here and glad for dissenting opinions, including yours without qualifications.

:beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump loves America; that's why he did it. This is what Rush says. I'll go with Rush.

Let's see how those votes line up per immigration, again, those bringing this up, seemed to support someone who wanted to grant illegals, legal residency (amnesty), offer almost unlimited green cards and expand the H1B1 visa program, whatever Red State.com types can point to though.

And you'd back Trump 100% if he came out for Single Payer and told the world he was appointing a WH liaison to the BLM/Antifa thugs to better understand their problems and address their concerns if Rush said so as well I have no doubt.

****sheep****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

And you'd back Trump 100% if he came out for Single Payer and told the world he was appointing a WH liaison to the BLM/Antifa thugs to better understand their problems and address their concerns if Rush said so as well I have no doubt.

****sheep****

*****rollingeyes*****    buddy....if you're going to 'play' your game, you should first stretch a bit.

Stuff like that, you're going to pull a muscle or something.   

Silver Pines

That wasn't 'Villanueva', who apologized.   

His personal DNA instincts pushed him to the point he HAD to see the flag.  It was his nature.

You can't blame him no more than that scorpion in the fable.

But, as I have a 'Doctorate' in human nature and the importance of locker room chemistry...gleaned from 60 years dealing with people, and fifteen years of organized baseball.

... I understand Villanueva having to put himself as not a 'Hero', but a selfish rogue, loner.

It was all for his teammates.

There HAD to be at least a dozen other members on that team and/or staff that didn't get the chance to express that same need to stand tall like Villanueva.  THEY were cheated.

And they are angry because THEY are grouped in with the herd, while he's selling jerseys as the Lone Ranger.   Pun intended.

So....I'll buy the jersey proudly.

@DCPatriot

Well, that's certainly your privilege.  But Villanueva is a grown man and I hold him responsible.  He isn't a puppet.

Neither are any other Steelers who wanted to be out there with him.  They're adults, and they're men.  If Kaepernick  (sp?) could find the guts to wear pig socks and to start this thing, and if all those others could kneel during the anthem, then players who disagree can damn well stop being sheep and do what they know is right.