Author Topic: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fails the leadership test  (Read 878 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fails the leadership test
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:12:36 pm »
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fails the leadership test
by Tom Rogan | Sep 25, 2017, 2:20 PM

Attacking Alejandro Villanueva for respecting the national anthem at the Steelers-Bears game, Sunday, Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin stated, "I was looking for 100 percent participation, we were gonna be respectful of our football team."

Those words prove Tomlin is incapable of command leadership.

As I see it, there are three basic principles of leadership; the ability to make effective decisions with limited information, the ability to inspire subordinates to fulfill their maximum potential, and the ability to unify a group in pursuit of a common objective. On each count, Tomlin has just proved that he doesn't make the cut.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-fails-the-leadership-test/article/2635514
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin fails the leadership test
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:00 pm »
The Steelers did not create the original "protest" Kaepernick situation.

Along with the Cowboys, they are one of the most popular national teams. One can make a case for Green Bay and the Patriots have been popular since 2000, whichever year, they won their first Superbowl and now have a following but I really do think the Cowboys and Steelers have a long time following.

So, the way I see it, the Steelers were being real cautious in going to the lockerroom, a sort of attitude like "let's avoid this thing altogether"... and I think the human condition can relate to this.

But now, it's become a big PR disaster and just a big disaster for them period. Big Ben has come out, not that that will do much good, and I think they are in a damage control mode now. Pretty pitiful.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:08 pm »
The Steelers did not create the original "protest" Kaepernick situation.

Along with the Cowboys, they are one of the most popular national teams. One can make a case for Green Bay and the Patriots have been popular since 2000, whichever year, they won their first Superbowl and now have a following but I really do think the Cowboys and Steelers have a long time following.

So, the way I see it, the Steelers were being real cautious in going to the lockerroom, a sort of attitude like "let's avoid this thing altogether"... and I think the human condition can relate to this.

But now, it's become a big PR disaster and just a big disaster for them period. Big Ben has come out, not that that will do much good, and I think they are in a damage control mode now. Pretty pitiful.

Trump set the trap, and the NFL stepped in it.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:22:35 am »
Trump set the trap, and the NFL stepped in it.

Villanueva certainly got trapped. Any way he turns will now have him scorned.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 02:47:36 am »
I'm going to be careful of "piling on" concerning this whole issue.  Sometimes, even our side, is in too much of a rush to judgement.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 03:12:42 am »

Villanueva certainly got trapped. Any way he turns will now have him scorned.
Not by Americans or military, you can be sure of that one.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:31:03 am »
The Steelers attempted to please two masters, American fans and BLM radicals. That NEVER works and only displays cowardice. Take a stand.

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 03:40:28 am »
Just as Jerry Jones did tonight. Coward.