Author Topic: Trump adds North Korea, Venezuela, Chad to travel ban list  (Read 966 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump adds North Korea, Venezuela, Chad to travel ban list
« on: September 25, 2017, 12:27:58 am »
Trump adds North Korea, Venezuela, Chad to travel ban list
by Kyle Feldscher | Sep 24, 2017, 7:44 PM

President Trump added Chad, Venezuela, and North Korea to the list of countries banned from sending immigrants to the United States.

Trump also dropped Sudan from the list, bringing the total of countries covered under the travel ban to eight, according to a new executive order released Sunday night.

"The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General, has determined that a small number of countries -- out of nearly 200 evaluated -- remain deficient at this time with respect to their identity-management and information-sharing capabilities, protocols, and practices," Trump wrote in the declaration. "In some cases, these countries also have a significant terrorist presence within their territory."

The exception is Venezuela, from which only government officials will be banned.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-adds-north-korea-venezuela-chad-to-travel-ban-list/article/2635444
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump adds North Korea, Venezuela, Chad to travel ban list
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:41:31 am »
Lawsuits in the 9th Circus start in 5...4...3...2...1
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

Townhall
Katie Pavlich
Sept. 24, 2017

President Trump issued an executive order Sunday night expanding travel restrictions from his previous travel ban to include additional countries.

Sudan has been dropped from the original travel ban list, while Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and Somalia remain. North Korea, Chad and Venezuela have been added with varying levels of vetting and restrictions for each country. Citizens traveling from North Korea and Venezuela are not affected, only government officials.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/09/24/breaking-trump-announces-new-travel-ban-n2385925

Offline Suppressed

Citizens traveling from North Korea and Venezuela are not affected, only government officials.

Typical poor writing from Townhall Katie.  Citizens of those countries?  American citizens?

Here's the WH release: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/24/enhancing-vetting-capabilities-and-processes-detecting-attempted-entry  The article doesn't seem to match what's in the proclamation.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
September 24, 2017

Presidential Proclamation Enhancing Vetting Capabilities and Processes for Detecting Attempted Entry Into the United States by Terrorists or Other Public-Safety Threats

<snip>

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 212(f) and 215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1182(f) and 1185(a), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that, absent the measures set forth in this proclamation, the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of persons described in section 2 of this proclamation would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and that their entry should be subject to certain restrictions, limitations, and exceptions.  I therefore hereby proclaim the following:

Section 1.  Policy and Purpose.  (a)  It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from terrorist attacks and other public-safety threats.  Screening and vetting protocols and procedures associated with visa adjudications and other immigration processes play a critical role in implementing that policy.  They enhance our ability to detect foreign nationals who may commit, aid, or support acts of terrorism, or otherwise pose a safety threat, and they aid our efforts to prevent such individuals from entering the United States.

<snip>

(g)  The Secretary of Homeland Security assesses that the following countries continue to have "inadequate" identity-management protocols, information-sharing practices, and risk factors, with respect to the baseline described in subsection (c) of this section, such that entry restrictions and limitations are recommended:  Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen.  The Secretary of Homeland Security also assesses that Iraq did not meet the baseline, but that entry restrictions and limitations under a Presidential proclamation are not warranted.  The Secretary of Homeland Security recommends, however, that nationals of Iraq who seek to enter the United States be subject to additional scrutiny to determine if they pose risks to the national security or public safety of the United States.  In reaching these conclusions, the Secretary of Homeland Security considered the close cooperative relationship between the United States and the democratically elected government of Iraq, the strong United States diplomatic presence in Iraq, the significant presence of United States forces in Iraq, and Iraq's commitment to combating the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). 

<snip>

ii)   After reviewing the Secretary of Homeland Security's report of September 15, 2017, and accounting for the foreign policy, national security, and counterterrorism objectives of the United States, I have determined to restrict and limit the entry of nationals of 7 countries found to be "inadequate" with respect to the baseline described in subsection (c) of this section:  Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen.  These restrictions distinguish between the entry of immigrants and nonimmigrants.  Persons admitted on immigrant visas become lawful permanent residents of the United States.  Such persons may present national security or public-safety concerns that may be distinct from those admitted as nonimmigrants.  The United States affords lawful permanent residents more enduring rights than it does to nonimmigrants.  Lawful permanent residents are more difficult to remove than nonimmigrants even after national security concerns arise, which heightens the costs and dangers of errors associated with admitting such individuals.  And although immigrants generally receive more extensive vetting than nonimmigrants, such vetting is less reliable when the country from which someone seeks to emigrate exhibits significant gaps in its identity-management or information-sharing policies, or presents risks to the national security of the United States.  For all but one of those 7 countries, therefore, I am restricting the entry of all immigrants.

Read more:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/24/enhancing-vetting-capabilities-and-processes-detecting-attempted-entry

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:23:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

New Order Indefinitely Bars Almost All Travel From Seven Countries
NY Times, Sep 24, 2017, Michael D. Shear

President Trump on Sunday issued a new order indefinitely banning almost all travel to the United States from seven countries, including most of the nations covered by his original travel ban, citing threats to national security posed by letting their citizens into the country.

The new order is more far-reaching than the president’s original travel ban, imposing permanent restrictions on travel, rather than the 90-day suspension that Mr. Trump authorized soon after taking office. But officials said his new action was the result of a deliberative, rigorous examination of security risks that was designed to avoid the chaotic rollout of his first ban. And the addition of non-Muslim countries could address the legal attacks on earlier travel restrictions as discrimination based on religion.

Starting next month, most citizens of Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Chad and North Korea will be banned from entering the United States, Mr. Trump said in a proclamation released Sunday night. Citizens of Iraq and some groups of people in Venezuela who seek to visit the United States will face restrictions or heightened scrutiny.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/us/politics/new-order-bars-almost-all-travel-from-seven-countries.html?_r=0

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump 
Making America Safe is my number one priority. We will not admit those into our country we cannot safely vet.

4:49 PM - 24 Sep 2017 
16,027 Retweets  64,868 Likes 

Offline endicom

Some people here keep squawking about Trump not doing anything while ignoring or dismissing threads about what he's doing. 'tis a puzzlement.

Some people here keep squawking about Trump not doing anything while ignoring or dismissing threads about what he's doing. 'tis a puzzlement.

I agree @endicom   I find it gets frustrating after a while.

Offline Suppressed

Then there are those of us who point out that the reporting is wrong, and Trump is being even more strict than TH reports.

It's good.  I give him full credit for it.  I'm glad you're pointing out that it's happening.

What more needs to be said?  Will you not be happy until everyone does a 10-page thread of "yeah, this is great! woo-hoo! yay, Trump?"  You see, long threads and discussion come about with disagreement.

What I find amusing is that it seems that only the most steaming piles of sycophancy are sufficient for some (not saying you necessarily).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Then there are those of us who point out that the reporting is wrong, and Trump is being even more strict than TH reports.

It's good.  I give him full credit for it.  I'm glad you're pointing out that it's happening.

What more needs to be said?  Will you not be happy until everyone does a 10-page thread of "yeah, this is great! woo-hoo! yay, Trump?"  You see, long threads and discussion come about with disagreement.

What I find amusing is that it seems that only the most steaming piles of sycophancy are sufficient for some (not saying you necessarily).

Nothing less than abject sycophancy will do. 

Offline endicom

Nothing less than abject sycophancy will do.

Deleted.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:24:47 pm by endicom »

Offline anubias

Good news. :)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, Reply #1 is that. But sycophant to what?

My reply is Reply #1, so I request that you explain yourself, sir.  I was merely predicting what the 9th Circus is going to do, I would hardly call that being a sycophant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

My reply is Reply #1, so I request that you explain yourself, sir.  I was merely predicting what the 9th Circus is going to do, I would hardly call that being a sycophant.

That wasn't to you. Threads were combined and numbers changed. The post is now deleted.

@Cyber Liberty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That wasn't to you. Threads were combined and numbers changed. The post is now deleted.

@Cyber Liberty

Thank you much, @endicom.  I could not imagine you calling me anything bad.   We've always had respect for each other, I thought...
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump adds North Korea, Venezuela, Chad to travel ban list
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »
Gee, how does Trump have time for this when he does all that Tweeting?