Author Topic: North Korea Says US Declaring War, Threatens Countermeasures  (Read 1044 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Korea Says US Declaring War, Threatens Countermeasures
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »
Monday, 25 Sep 2017 11:24 AM

North Korea's foreign minister said on Monday that U.S. President Donald Trump had declared war on North Korea and that Pyongyang reserves the right to take countermeasures, including shooting down U.S. strategic bombers even if they are not in the country's air space.

"The whole world should clearly remember it was the U.S. who first declared war on our country," Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/north-korea-war-countermeasures/2017/09/25/id/815548/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: North Korea Says US Declaring War, Threatens Countermeasures
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »
67 years too late.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:58:58 pm »
We've been at war with them since 1950.   There has been a 'ceasefire' but never an end to the war.

South Koreans think revenge is a major motivator for him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 04:05:38 pm »
We've been at war with them since 1950.   There has been a 'ceasefire' but never an end to the war.

South Koreans think revenge is a major motivator for him.

War was never declared.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:14 pm »
War was never declared.

America never formally declared war.   North and South Korea consider it a war.   China considers it a war.  Russia considers it a war.

I'm sure the guys at the Chosin Reservoir thought it closely resembled war.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 05:40:36 pm »
"The whole world should clearly remember it was the U.S. who first declared war on our country," Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York.

Ah, well, one can't expect people who grew up in the one country that fully embraced Orwell's 1984 as a how-to-manual to have an accurate recollection of history.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 05:58:55 pm »
Ah, well, one can't expect people who grew up in the one country that fully embraced Orwell's 1984 as a how-to-manual to have an accurate recollection of history.

@The_Reader_David
They don't see having their army roll south as an act of war.   It was an effort to free the south.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline driftdiver

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 02:29:42 am »
@The_Reader_David
They don't see having their army roll south as an act of war.   It was an effort to free the south.

But that is as flawed as "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia", and disingenuous as well:  the invasion of the south took place at Stalin's behest with the intent of bogging down the U.S. so he could launch an invasion of Western Europe.  Stalin died and his immediate successor, Malenkov, called off the invasion plans, leaving China and North Korea with millions of casualties for nothing.

Which makes this a good time to tell the Malenkov joke:

Three zeks are commiserating in the gulag about their fate.  One asks the other why he is in the labor camp.  "I opposed Malenkov," he replies.  The first says, "Ah, I'm here because I supported Malenkov."  They turn to their fellow prisoner and ask, "Why are you here?"  "I'm Malenkov."
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 03:12:58 am »
It was a mistake for the United States not to have declared war in 1950. The Framers never intended for the US to become entangled in endless conflicts without a DOW. The politicians can claim these "conflicts" are not war but tell that to the grunt on the ground. :shrug:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:00 am »
It was a mistake for the United States not to have declared war in 1950. The Framers never intended for the US to become entangled in endless conflicts without a DOW. The politicians can claim these "conflicts" are not war but tell that to the grunt on the ground. :shrug:
:thumbsup:
+++++++++

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 03:18:08 am »
Monday, 25 Sep 2017 11:24 AM

North Korea's foreign minister said on Monday that U.S. President Donald Trump had declared war on North Korea and that Pyongyang reserves the right to take countermeasures, including shooting down U.S. strategic bombers even if they are not in the country's air space.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/north-korea-war-countermeasures/2017/09/25/id/815548/

Why were reporters even listening to this guy?  Shouldn't NK officials be personna non grata?
God is still in control