Author Topic: Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognosis' on cancer fight  (Read 3463 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognosis' on cancer fight
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 09:11:34 pm »
Unless much has changed in the last few years, it really doesn't matter what doctor he sees. There's literally no cure for his type of cancer. Really not even any treatment for it. He will die and fairly soon. This would be a good time for him to prioritize his life. Quit the politics. Focus on the family.

He's known of his poor prognosis since he was diagnosed with gioblastoma, a very aggressive form of cancer.  To each his own, but you would think that he would have decided to focus on the important things in life such as family, but obviously for him it was more important to make several appearances in the Senate and ruffle a few feathers.  By the article it would seem he wants people to feel sorry for him and make sure he's remembered as a war hero.  Only problem is there are many that remember he also allowed POW's and MIA's to be left behind. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »
 :nometalk:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:59 pm »
Politicians and Political Analysis I'm reading lately seem to agree that when McCain passes, it will have a huge impact on the Democrat Party. McCain is pretty high up on the Democrat hierarchy in terms of power and influence. He is not quite on the Pelosi/Schumer level, but he's just under it.

And even if they replace McCain with another Democrat, it still won't be the same. The vote counts will stay the same but the new guy will not have the connections and the history, a.k.a., knowing where the bodies are buried, that McCain has.

Outcomes:
1. They replace McCain with a real Republican who actually votes like a Republican, the Dems lose.
2. They replace McCain with another Democrat Republican, who has no influence or committees, or connections. Dems lose.
3. They replace McCain with an actual Democrat, the Dems still lose influence and any inside info McCain was feeding them on the Republican Party.
4. They replace McCain with a Democrat who actually votes like a Republican. This is the 'unicorn' option. Such a creature does not exist in the Democrat Party. This is exclusively a Republican phenomenon.

The Democrat Party will take the biggest hit when McCain passes away.

McCain's death will have almost no impact on the Republican Party. Unless, he is replaced with a 'real' Republican. Then the Pubs will gain a seat. If he is replaced by yet another RINO or a Democrat, then there is no impact. Everything will be the same as when he was there. Just a different name.

Governor Doug Ducey is a Republican, and will replace McCain with a Republican.  Your guess is as good as mine about what KIND of Republican.  He's a huge Trump fan, so the Dems probably won't like whoever it is.  Kelli Ward, who ran against him last time, pretty much burned her bridges by telling McCain he needed to resign after the cancer diagnosis (was the first politician in the state to do so), and said Ducey should appoint her to the seat.

People were infuriated, even people who detest McCain.

If there's a guessing game or movement for someone, it's buried in the party because nobody wants to self-immolate as she did.  She's also running against Flake, and I don't give her much chance of defeating him in the Primary, after that stunt.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:49:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 10:29:01 pm »
Maybe he should retire and enjoy life while he still can.

Maybe he should retire so we can enjoy life while we still can.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:08 pm »
Maybe he should retire and enjoy life while he still can.

Maybe he should retire so we can enjoy life while we still can.

Dittos. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
Governor Doug Ducey is a Republican, and will replace McCain with a Republican.  Your guess is as good as mine about what KIND of Republican.  He's a huge Trump fan, so the Dems probably won't like whoever it is.  Kelli Ward, who ran against him last time, pretty much burned her bridges by telling McCain he needed to resign after the cancer diagnosis (was the first politician in the state to do so), and said Ducey should appoint her to the seat.

People were infuriated, even people who detest McCain.

If there's a guessing game or movement for someone, it's buried in the party because nobody wants to self-immolate as she did.  She's also running against Flake, and I don't give her much chance of defeating him in the Primary, after that stunt.

@Cyber Liberty

What Kelli did may have been 'premature', but what she said was exactly right. He should have resigned. I would have. I think most people would have. I mean seriously, once you know that you only have months to live, what is the point of going to work everyday? How could you even do it? And then for him to try to pass it off as if he is doing something 'heroic' by not stepping down, that is pathological.

Maybe she didn't handle it well in terms of the press, but she gets points for being right. The fact that he continues to cling to his seat in the face of all this is mind-boggling to most people. Whether or not she was out-of-line, is a matter of perception over practicality.

Flake is already on shaky ground, so nothing is settled yet.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 11:07:53 pm »

Maybe she didn't handle it well in terms of the press, but she gets points for being right. The fact that he continues to cling to his seat in the face of all this is mind-boggling to most people. Whether or not she was out-of-line, is a matter of perception over practicality.

It would appear he is playing the role of the dog in the manger out of spite.   Mean,  nasty spite.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:56 pm »

It would appear he is playing the role of the dog in the manger out of spite.   Mean,  nasty spite.

He has for years.  I had to explain that reference to Mrs. Liberty. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:35 pm »
He has for years.  I had to explain that reference to Mrs. Liberty.

Years ago I met John McCain and shook his hand.  Now I despise him,  and now I believe all the evil things i've heard about the man over the years.   

Caused the Forestall fire?  Check.   Rolled over for the enemy in Vietnam?  Check.  Involved in corruption during the Keating Five scandal?  Check.  And so forth. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 11:24:54 pm »

Years ago I met John McCain and shook his hand.  Now I despise him,  and now I believe all the evil things i've heard about the man over the years.   

Caused the Forestall fire?  Check.   Rolled over for the enemy in Vietnam?  Check.  Involved in corruption during the Keating Five scandal?  Check.  And so forth.

He didn't cause the Forestall fire.  Check on all the rest.  As for the Forestall, he should never have even been allowed in flight school. 
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 11:45:08 pm »
When I was in the military, stateside, and on shore duty stationed at CINCLANTFLT, a Navy Chief went missing (AWOL). Nobody knew why? He just took off, by himself. Gone in 60 seconds.

We found out later through the grapevine that he had been diagnosed with terminal AIDS. We, meaning the people who worked with him, never found out where he went. Did he go to Vegas to get crazy? Did he go the mountains to meditate and enjoy life and the Earth? Did he go overseas to do some bucket list thing? We don't know.

We do know that he never came back to base after that. The last thing on his mind was showing up for work. There was no point.

I can understand working until you drop if there is some vital reason for it. If you are the chief architect of some massive project and the project will fail if you are not there. If you are a soldier and you have some mission to complete. If you have to do some critical thing for your family before you go. Then fine.

But none of those situations applies to McCain. He is simply a replaceable cog in a gigantic machine. There is no vital reason for him to cling to his job. He is a bureaucrat, swimming in an ocean of thousands of bureaucrats. He can be replaced in a heartbeat with no problem.

I guess he has no bucket list. The only line item on his bucket list seems to be to die at his desk in front of his computer, while on another stupid, endless, conference call. ...got to get...that...email sent...push.....send...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:19:52 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:48 pm »
HE thinks he's important, and that's what counts.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 11:55:43 pm »
Unless much has changed in the last few years, it really doesn't matter what doctor he sees. There's literally no cure for his type of cancer. Really not even any treatment for it. He will die and fairly soon. This would be a good time for him to prioritize his life. Quit the politics. Focus on the family.

Nothing has changed in the past few years   The average survival is about a year from diagnosis give or take
God is still in control

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 11:58:11 pm »
He didn't cause the Forestall fire.  Check on all the rest.  As for the Forestall, he should never have even been allowed in flight school.

I read an account the other day that McCain did a "wet start" of his engine.   A "wet start"  was apparently an act common among brash hot shot fighter pilots of the time.   They would allow fuel to pool in the engine and when the turbine came up to speed,  it would shoot a huge fireball of flame back behind it.   

According to what I was reading,  it was this fireball that ignited the rocket on the aircraft behind him.  That rocket struck his plane and ignited a fuel tank on fire.   

The article said that witnesses described it as the worst "wet start"  they had ever seen.  The Article said that McCain was immediately transferred off the Forestall,  and that he was the only man to have been so transferred.   

The article posted what it claimed was excerpts from a newspaper article (New York Times, I think)  that gave an account of what happened,  and pinning the blame squarely on a fighter pilot who initiated a "wet start"  of his engines.   

Could all be made up,  but it also added that McCain was confronted by former shipmates at a campaign rally,  and they accused him of starting the fire because of his "wet start".   The article claimed McCain was badly shaken at the event,  and was at a loss for words when faced with this confrontation. 

Looking at McCain has behaved all these subsequent years,  with his constant focus on "me me me me me",  I believe that this attention whore may very well have done this thing of which he has been accused. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »
There is no vital reason for him to cling to his job.

Sure there is.  Ego.  His. 

Spite.  His. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 12:17:54 am »

Spite.  His.

I think he's doing what he values/loves most.  Most of us might disagree with his priorities.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 01:13:28 am »
I think he's doing what he values/loves most.  Most of us might disagree with his priorities.

I haven't forgotten his role in the Kosovo debacle, bombing former allies on behalf of albanian illegal aliens and all.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:53 am »
I haven't forgotten his role in the Kosovo debacle, bombing former allies on behalf of albanian illegal aliens and all.
Oh, you mean bombing Christians on Easter Sunday on behalf of Muslims?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:24 am »
Oh, you mean bombing Christians on Easter Sunday on behalf of Muslims?

Thats exactly what I mean.

Thats one of those fiascos I don't think I'll forgive our leaders for perpetrating. McCain and his contributors included.

In fact I hope he has a chance to explain the geostrategic necessity of his Kosovo policy to some of the civilians it sent to their reward in a few months.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2017, 01:47:48 am »
Can any of us imagine that kind of mentality? Where political office has such a hold on your soul that it becomes more important than family, more important than life itself?

@240B

Of course we can.

We all can imagine those who take up arms and risk their lives, give their lives, for what they believe is the better path for the future.  Why can't someone give his life in public service via political office to do the same?

I would hope I would give my all if I were elected to his office.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:14 am »

Spite.  His.

It is exactly that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:45 am »

:thumbsup:

When I am told I'm terminal, first thing I'll do is buy a pack of Camel non filtered. Then I'll look for some hot chick that would like a free (well almost free) house. lol
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:57:12 am by jpsb »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 02:02:55 am »
@240B

Of course we can.

We all can imagine those who take up arms and risk their lives, give their lives, for what they believe is the better path for the future.  Why can't someone give his life in public service via political office to do the same?

I would hope I would give my all if I were elected to his office.

How dare you. How dare you compare what he is doing to men at arms. I am insulted. He is not 'fighting' for anything except himself. He is not 'representing' anything except himself and his own personal cadre.

If he dies doing that, then I have to imagine that the powers who control him (Soros/Shumer) are riding this whipped stupid-ass horse to his death. Satan is a cruel task master. As we see. Satan will never let you die in peace. I own you!

If you are a turncoat POS, then I suppose it is futile optimism to expect a peaceful death. Get back to work, you POS! (But, but, I'm dying.) I don't care! GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK!

Thank God it is not me. McCain is bought and paid for by some really nasty people.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 02:03:59 am »
I read an account the other day that McCain did a "wet start" of his engine.

The "wet start" story is a bogus thing someone made up, @DiogenesLamp.

In fact, the rocket was fired because of an electrical surge in an F-4 Phantom II that was on the opposite end of the deck, 100 feet away.

I disagree with the man's politics, and I get the feeling he has a nasty temperament -- including wanting to cause trouble now -- but that doesn't mean we should defame him based on lies.  Think about it -- how would you feel if liberals posted things about conservatives with "I've read this story . . ." without fact-checking first?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn