Author Topic: Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognosis' on cancer fight  (Read 3462 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognosis' on cancer fight
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:59 am »
Apparently after his passing, he wants the focus to be on his contributions to the military and not the Senate ... he wants to be remembered as a war hero.  However ... what about those that were left behind?

Sen. John McCain gave new insight into his grim struggle with an aggressive form of brain cancer in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS's 60 Minutes.

"They said that it's very serious, that the prognosis is very, very serious," the 81-year-old McCain, R-Ariz., said during the segment titled "The Fighter."

"Some say 3%, some say 14%. You know, it's a very poor prognosis," he continued. "So I just said, 'I understand. Now we're gonna do what we can, get the best doctors we can find and do the best we can.'

"And, at the same time, celebrate, with gratitude, a life well-lived."

McCain, a former naval aviator who was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and held as a prisoner of war until 1973, also revealed that he wants his memorial service held at his alma mater in Annapolis, Md.

"I want, when I leave, that the ceremony is at the Naval Academy," he said. "And we just have a couple of people that stand up and say, 'This guy, he served his country.'"........

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/24/sen-john-mccain-doctors-gave-me-poor-prognosis-cancer-fight/698823001/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Re: Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me 'poor prognosis' on cancer fight
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:05:41 am »
I was a POW, so pay no attention to the stupid things I did as a politician. Thanks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:09:45 am »
I was a POW, so pay no attention to the stupid things I did as a politician. Thanks.

Exactly. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 12:13:25 pm »
"So I just said, 'I understand. Now we're gonna do what we can, get the best doctors we can find and do the best we can.'

Well its wonderful you have that option, senator. Good for you.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 01:22:38 pm »
Change his coverage to Obamacare and maybe he will have something to worry about like his constituents have to worry with this worthless health care. I can't stand this coward of an ass hole.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 01:28:20 pm »
Change his coverage to Obamacare and maybe he will have something to worry about like his constituents have to worry with this worthless health care. I can't stand this coward of an ass hole.

Give him the blue pill and tell him to come back in 6 months.

Just like all those Vets he has sent to war but failed to support when they return.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

debrawiest

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 01:28:41 pm »
"So I just said, 'I understand. Now we're gonna do what we can, get the best doctors we can find and do the best we can.'

Well its wonderful you have that option, senator. Good for you.

Unless much has changed in the last few years, it really doesn't matter what doctor he sees. There's literally no cure for his type of cancer. Really not even any treatment for it. He will die and fairly soon. This would be a good time for him to prioritize his life. Quit the politics. Focus on the family.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
Give him the blue pill and tell him to come back in 6 months.

Just like all those Vets he has sent to war but failed to support when they return.
Gee, if only he had to get all his medical care at a VA Hospital.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 01:32:23 pm »

The way I understand it they are technically on 0bamacare, but very well subsidized. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
Scary shit. According to Wikipedia, 3 in 100,000 people get this type of cancer a year.

I like John McCain. No I don't always agree with him, but I've always liked him. God bless him.

Offline anubias

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »
Scary shit. According to Wikipedia, 3 in 100,000 people get this type of cancer a year.

I like John McCain. No I don't always agree with him, but I've always liked him. God bless him.

I like him so much that I wish him Godspeed to his retirement.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »

This has nothing to do with like.  He is one of the many examples of why we need term limits.  With the manipulation of the media and parties it is next to impossible to unseat a long sitting Senator.  When it comes to the General election there are only two choices, the incumbent or the challenger from the other party.

He has been in office too long and has forgotten why he was sent there.   He cares nothing for the average voter and has been bought and paid for by foreign states.   Now add on his failing cognitive abilities which have been growing over the past several years and he is a danger to this country.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 03:53:48 pm »

CNBC
Annie Nova
Published 2 Hours Ago  Updated 26 Mins Ago

McCain says he has "feelings sometimes of fear of what happens," but counters that with gratitude for having lived "had a great life."

McCain underwent surgery in July for a brain tumor that was later found to be a form of glioblastoma

"I want when I leave that the ceremony is at the naval academy and we just have a couple of people that stand up and say 'This guy, he served his country.'"

(more)
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/25/mccain-calls-brain-cancer-prognosis-very-poor.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 04:00:01 pm »
'This guy, he served his country.'"

Then, 'This guy, he scr**ed his country.'
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:16 pm »
No comment.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 04:10:35 pm »
Topics merged.

debrawiest

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »
If McCain cared at all about the people he represents, he would resign immediately.

My brother, who was in his early 40's and strong, had the same diagnosis.  The last few months of his life were not good.  I remember sitting with him during one of his in-home therapy sessions.  The PT was trying to train him how to safely stand up using a walker. There were 4 steps to doing this.  They went over and over and over the procedure. Within the span of a few minutes, Michael could not remember, on his own without any prompting, how to do it.  It was heartbreaking to watch. Mom was there too.  We both quietly wept as we watched. I'm tearing up right now and it's been 5 years.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 04:18:46 pm »
This would be a good time for him to prioritize his life. Quit the politics. Focus on the family.

I agree, I think not retiring under the circumstances is odd.  The tumor must be affecting his judgment.  Wonder how long he's had it.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:58 pm »
Not retiring diminishes him. It is sad way to live clinging to power on your death bed. What could be more selfish and greedy than that?

Also, he is still making decisions for the entire country with a malfunctioning brain. Who knows how the tumor, the chemo, and the meds, are effecting his thought process. Furthermore, he is making decisions, the consequences of which, he will never have to live with. He is antithetical to what American government was supposed to be. He is behaving more like Castro, or some banana republic dictator, still giving orders from a gurney in the ICU.

Not just McCain, all of them, they all refuse to ever leave office. They all have tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. They have been reelected dozens of times. There is nothing left to be gained. When is success, success? When is enough, enough? These guys are like a greedy vulture who is full and cannot possibly eat anymore, and yet he remains on the carcass to scare away all the others, to make sure no body else takes a turn.

TERM LIMITS NOW! DAMMIT! The entire world is laughing at the insanity of American politics. America was supposed to be "a model for the world" on how to govern, and we once were. Today we have devolved in a farcical shadow of what we were intended to be, only one step removed from Venezuela.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:49:42 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 04:47:09 pm »
Also, he is still making decisions for the entire country with a malfunctioning brain.
Just following the example of Biden, Hillary and - I'm guessing - Pelosi.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 04:50:02 pm »

Did they tell you how much better your prognosis would be if you went to some place like Canada or Cuba where the government has 'free' healthcare?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »
McCain would rather die than to leave his seat of power. Obviously, continuing to work is going to shorten whatever remaining time he has left.

Can any of us imagine that kind of mentality? Where political office has such a hold on your soul that it becomes more important than family, more important than life itself?

These are sad, sad, people. Sad, greedy, demented people. All of them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »
McCain would rather die than to leave his seat of power. Obviously, continuing to work is going to shorten whatever remaining time he has left.

Can any of us imagine that kind of mentality? Where political office has such a hold on your soul that it becomes more important than family, more important than life itself?

These are sad, sad, people. Sad, greedy, demented people. All of them.

^^^^^This.

I've long said McCain won't leave until he assumes room temperature, no matter what the cause or cost.  This is the most selfish politician alive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 05:28:57 pm »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 08:34:15 pm »
Politicians and Political Analysis I'm reading lately seem to agree that when McCain passes, it will have a huge impact on the Democrat Party. McCain is pretty high up on the Democrat hierarchy in terms of power and influence. He is not quite on the Pelosi/Schumer level, but he's just under it.

And even if they replace McCain with another Democrat, it still won't be the same. The vote counts will stay the same but the new guy will not have the connections and the history, a.k.a., knowing where the bodies are buried, that McCain has.

Outcomes:
1. They replace McCain with a real Republican who actually votes like a Republican, the Dems lose.
2. They replace McCain with another Democrat Republican, who has no influence or committees, or connections. Dems lose.
3. They replace McCain with an actual Democrat, the Dems still lose influence and any inside info McCain was feeding them on the Republican Party.
4. They replace McCain with a Democrat who actually votes like a Republican. This is the 'unicorn' option. Such a creature does not exist in the Democrat Party. This is exclusively a Republican phenomenon.

The Democrat Party will take the biggest hit when McCain passes away.

McCain's death will have almost no impact on the Republican Party. Unless, he is replaced with a 'real' Republican. Then the Pubs will gain a seat. If he is replaced by yet another RINO or a Democrat, then there is no impact. Everything will be the same as when he was there. Just a different name.