Author Topic: Sales Of Villanueva’s Football Jersey Skyrocket  (Read 2460 times)

rangerrebew

Sales Of Villanueva’s Football Jersey Skyrocket
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:52:46 am »

Posted By Kerry Picket On 11:01 PM 09/24/2017 In | No Comments

Alejandro Villanueva, the lone football player on the Pittsburgh Steelers who stood during the national anthem Sunday while the rest of his team remained in the locker room, has become more popular than ever as sales of his jersey have skyrocketed.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/sales-of-villanuevas-football-jersey-skyrocket/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sales Of Villanueva’s Football Jersey Skyrocket
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:04:14 am »
Good!   :patriot:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:39 pm »
If the NFL doesn't take that hint, they are completely tone deaf.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 12:41:50 pm »
If the NFL doesn't take that hint, they are completely tone deaf.

Predicting many 'copy cats' doing it now.

It's a start....    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 01:41:17 pm »

Kerry Picket
Reporter
11:01 PM 09/24/2017

Alejandro Villanueva, the lone football player on the Pittsburgh Steelers who stood during the national anthem Sunday while the rest of his team remained in the locker room, has become more popular than ever as sales of his jersey have skyrocketed.

Sales of the former Army Ranger’s jersey on Fanatics.com shot up to the highest-seller among Pittsburgh Steelers jersey as of just 10 PM Eastern time.

Additionally, Villanueva’s jersey sales rocketed into the top sellers in the entire league as of 7:45 PM EST behind only Marshawn Lynch, Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Brown, and Aaron Rodgers, 247 Sports reported.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/sales-of-villanuevas-football-jersey-skyrocket/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 01:47:36 pm »
He's a hero.

Again.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:48:40 pm »
The Spirit of '78!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »
I'd buy one if they weren't $100. I'm still not working.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:20 pm »
Unfortunately, the team and the league get the money from jersey and other merchandise sales, the individual player does not.
Let it burn.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 03:49:06 pm »
Unfortunately, the team and the league get the money from jersey and other merchandise sales, the individual player does not.

According to the agreement between the NFLPA, the players' union, and the league, players gets two-thirds of the money made by selling jerseys. The other third goes to the union -- and some of that goes into a pool for all NFL players.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/07/news/companies/colin-kaepernick-donating-money-jersey-nfl/index.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 03:52:57 pm »
Derek Wolfe of the Broncos also stood for the anthem and explained his respect for those who have served and died for this country.
"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field. Paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom is why I stand. But everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that's their right. It's America and you are free to speak your mind. I just feel it's disrespectful to the ones who sacrificed their lives and it's maybe the wrong platform. But like I said to each their own it's AMERICA! The greatest country in the world and if you don't think we are the greatest country in the world and you reside here, then why do you stay? A lot worse places in the world to call home. Proud to be an American."
Source
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »
Good!   :patriot:

Ranger Creed
https://www.army.mil/values/ranger.html

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite Soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other Soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained Soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers lead the way!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »
According to the agreement between the NFLPA, the players' union, and the league, players gets two-thirds of the money made by selling jerseys. The other third goes to the union -- and some of that goes into a pool for all NFL players.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/07/news/companies/colin-kaepernick-donating-money-jersey-nfl/index.html

Really, I did not know that! Well, that'll teach me to make a comment before looking up the facts.  ^-^  Thank you for the correction!
:thumbsup2:
Let it burn.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:09 pm »
Sometimes things turn out right.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 06:07:32 pm »
Sometimes things turn out right.

Indeed!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 11:32:01 pm »
This is how the free market should work. Politicians need to stay the :bleep: out and let the fans decide with their pocket books.

Alejandro Villanueva’s jersey just became the hottest buy in the NFL.

It’s the top seller in the league after the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle broke with his team and walked out of the tunnel for the national anthem......

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/25/steelers-player-who-stood-for-national-anthem-now-has-top-selling-nfl-jersey/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:47 pm »
That's because when Alejandro Villanueva stands for the National Anthem, America stands with him.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis