Author Topic: Ted Cruz Just Stuck A Fork In The Graham-Cassidy ObamaCare Repeal/Replace Bill  (Read 2799 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
October 1st, Obamacare becomes permanent. Yes, thank you Senators Cruz and McCain and Paul.  There's no turning back then. They are making it permanent.

But then, Cruz defended Obamacare in the private sector.

Offline anubias

The asteriks don't tell us much.  Speak up. 

I think you're wrong about this.  I think people have become discouraged about getting total repeal with this Congress, and they are right.

So, we have a couple of options.  Try to chip away at Obamacare and make it a little better or wait and hope that either the 2018 elections will give us a better Congress or that Obamacare will collapse of its own evil.

When Ted Cruz supports a bill, I'll believe it's worth supporting.

Exactly @Emjay  While I don't believe repeal will ever occur and I still worry that we will end up with Single Payer when the beast fails, I feel somewhat better about it.  I have been torn on this mess and pretty much thought we were screwed regardless of the outcome.  I still do for that matter. 

Offline jpsb

@jpsb I don't do twitter, but I found this, from Thursday and it kinda makes your point, he was going to vote FOR it on Thursday, days after Rand Paul moved out to the ledge to meet the press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhOadCK4Xo

Thanks, Cruz is a smart guy, he was probably trying to get something (Cruz amendment?) and did not want to take himself out of the game. I don't have a problem with that and long as he does the right thing when it counts.