Author Topic: Cornell Professor Burkhauser Joins Trump Administration  (Read 237 times)

Offline Suppressed

Cornell Professor Burkhauser Joins Trump Administration
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:10:27 pm »

Prof. Emeritus Richard Burkhauser was named to President Donald Trump's Council of Economic Advisers on Sept. 15.

Cornell Professor Burkhauser Joins Trump Administration
By Jamil Rahman

President Donald Trump has appointed Prof. Emeritus Richard Burkhauser, policy analysis and management, to the third and final position in his Council of Economic Advisers, the White House announced on Sept. 15.

Back in November shortly after the election, members of the Trump transition team reached out to economists to serve as policy advisors, according to NPR. Members of the team contacted Burkhauser to see if “[he] was interested in applying for a job” for the then-President-elect.

“I think it would be extraordinarily exciting to be part of an administration that uses Republican ideas to do something for workers in the middle who have not enjoyed the benefits of economic growth for the last 20 or 30 years,” Burkhauser told NPR back in November.

Burkhauser signed a petition against Hillary Clinton’s plan during the campaign season, and told NPR that he believed the Trump administration could grow the economy with a Republican controlled House and Senate after years of political gridlock.

[...]

Excerpt.  Read more at http://cornellsun.com/2017/09/24/cornell-professor-burkhauser-joins-trump-administration/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn