Author Topic: Anyone for MethUp? You may be getting more than you bargained for if you drink 7-Up in Mexico  (Read 389 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anyone for MethUp? You may be getting more than you bargained for if you drink 7-Up in Mexico
By Tom Porter On 9/23/17 at 7:52 AM

Health authorities have issued a warning to Americans traveling to Mexico, after methamphetamine was found in bottles of 7-Up.

According to a Friday press release from medical nonprofit Banner Health, the bottles of 7-Up contaminated with the drug were consumed in Mexicali, Mexico, with an investigation underway to determine how the narcotic made its way into the soda.

The contaminated soft drinks killed one person and led to seven people becoming ill, according to the Attorney General of Justice of the State of Baja California, as cited by USA Today. Officials said that the contaminated soda had been removed from the shelves.

Continued at: http://www.newsweek.com/mexican-7-laced-meth-here-are-symptoms-look-out-669990

Offline Suppressed

Having worked in Mexico near a bottling plant, I woukd be surprised by nothing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Meth may explain Geoffrey Holder's sinister laugh in his 7Up pitch days.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.