Author Topic: Seahawks Coach - Pete Carroll: responds to President Trump on Pledge  (Read 4706 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Seahawks Coach - Pete Carroll: responds to President Trump on Pledge
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 05:15:23 pm »
I do too...and I'm not even into sports.

Replace Robin Ventura with that A's catcher.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZB9O24BEE
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 05:23:05 pm »
Alejandro Villanueva was the lone Steelers player to come out during the national anthem

http://twitter.com/sbnation/status/911999148961890304

...the rest of the team and staff stayed in the locker room for the National Anthem.    *****rollingeyes*****

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:23:48 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »

And here's the reason....he's a retired U.S. Ranger!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 05:26:16 pm »
Alejandro Villanueva was the lone Steelers player to come out during the national anthem

http://twitter.com/sbnation/status/911999148961890304

...the rest of the team and staff stayed in the locker room for the National Anthem.    *****rollingeyes*****

I think he might be a vet. Does anybody know the fans' reactions? We're a football family but the NFL is off at our house so I didn't see it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 05:27:18 pm »
I think he might be a vet. Does anybody know the fans' reactions? We're a football family but the NFL is off at our house so I didn't see it.

No football on today either.  NFL can suck eggs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 05:35:42 pm »
Proudly watching a Lawrence Welk rerun right now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 05:37:08 pm »

"Anna 1, anna 2, anna 3........."    ^-^

Offline dfwgator

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 05:44:57 pm »
Meh..... not so sure I'm in agreement, @240B

You're right in that the protests now will expand exponentially and become all about Donald Trump.   But, IMO, that can't work in 'our' favor.

IMO, we're giving "THEM" justification....turning it into a protest against our elected President, which will add up to 50% of the country participating or providing moral support.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »
No football on today either.  NFL can suck eggs.

Yep.   I'll turn on the Indians this afternoon. (Go TRIBE!!)

So far baseball is doing OK........

No NFL.  Not even the playoffs or Super Bowl if they don't stop this nonsensical anti-Americanism.

America is the reason they're living in mansions and driving fancy cars............. the childish ingrates!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »

Uck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 08:28:15 pm »
I was a Steelers fan until today. My hat is off to Villanueva. The rest of the team can ... well, you know. Only college football from here on out, until they pull the same nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:13 pm »
I was a Steelers fan until today. My hat is off to Villanueva. The rest of the team can ... well, you know. Only college football from here on out, until they pull the same nonsense.

:beer:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:09 pm »

Just read the Steelers lost.  They deserve to.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »

So far, I've found this:

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/09/steelers_anthem_twitter_reacts.html

And This:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pittsburgh-steelers-booed-national-anthem_us_59c7e68ee4b0cdc77331ed41

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:42:30 pm by Applewood »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:54 pm »
Yeah, by that time I didn't care.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 08:45:03 pm »

Hid in the locker room like litle girls, only one guy stood.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
Hid in the locker room like litle girls, only one guy stood.
An Army veteran who served in the middle east. God bless offensive lineman  Alejandro Villanueva!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »

They'd better not!  I LOVE football, and the Browns stink, so the Buckeyes are all I watch until the playoffs.

If they do this childish, ignorant, self-absorbed nonsensical garbage, I guess I'm through with football for the duration.   **nononono*

Villanueva's got courage.  Good for him!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:24 pm »
Villanueva's got courage.  Good for him!
Captain, U.S. Army Ranger, three tours in Afghanistan.  :patriot:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 10:00:05 pm »
All this NFL player, coaches and owners nonsense as compared to Richard Petty’s comment that he would fire any member of his team that put up any protest during a race.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »

The University of Iowa Children's Hospital now looms over Kinnick Stadium (football).  The new tradition is for the crowd to wave at the patients and families watching the game after the first quarter.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-21/iowa-football-fans-wave-childrens-hospital-hawkeyes-newest
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DB

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 10:08:50 pm »
Captain, U.S. Army Ranger, three tours in Afghanistan.  :patriot:

He'll probably get disciplined for being "disruptive" to their "unity"... We'll see how far this stupidity goes...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »
The University of Iowa Children's Hospital now looms over Kinnick Stadium (football).  The new tradition is for the crowd to wave at the patients and families watching the game after the first quarter.
Great story. I've become an Iowa fan, as the head coach is a high school classmate of mine.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 11:09:48 pm »