Author Topic: Pentagon: Anti-Missile Weapons Can Keep US Safe Until 2020  (Read 245 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Pentagon: Anti-Missile Weapons Can Keep US Safe Until 2020
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:33:27 am »
BY MARCUS WEISGERBER

he successful downing of a test missile proves that American defenses can ward off any ICBM that North Korea might produce in the next three years, says the head of the Pentagon’s Missile Defense Agency.

“I was confident before the test that we had the capability to defeat any threat that they would throw at us,” MDA’s Vice Adm. James Syring said Wednesday. “I’m even more confident today after seeing the intercept test yesterday that we continue to be on that course…The interceptor that we flew yesterday certainly keeps pace with — and I would actually say helps us outpace — the threat through 2020.”

That date is based on an intelligence-community assessment of North Korean and Iranian missile technology.

more

http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2017/05/pentagon-anti-missile-weapons-can-keep-us-safe-until-2020/138290/?oref=d-channelriver
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome