Author Topic: Get Ready, Russia, China and Iran: America's New Submarine Killer Is Here  (Read 323 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

By Rodrigo Ugarte

Autonomous robo-ships will hunt for submarines sooner than anticipated. On April 7, the U.S. military christened the Sea Hunter, an experimental vessel which is part of the Pentagon’s Anti-Submarine Warfare Continuous Trial Unmanned Vessel, or ACTUV, program.

At 130 feet in length, the trimaran-shaped Sea Hunter has become the world’s largest unmanned surface vessel and will serve as a test bed for the Navy, assessing the use and capabilities of future unmanned ships.

more
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/get-ready-russia-china-iran-americas-new-submarine-killer-15737
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline jpsb

Re: Get Ready, Russia, China and Iran: America's New Submarine Killer Is Here
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 04:18:47 am »
I hope it wouldn't let huge tankers and container ships sneak up on it like our manned surface warships do.