Author Topic: Growing concerns about US nuclear weapons in Turkey  (Read 419 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Growing concerns about US nuclear weapons in Turkey
« on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:35 am »

By Rick Moran

For more than a decade, Turkey's leader, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has turned his country from a largely secular, mostly free democracy into an Islamist state.  In some ways, it happened so gradually that until very recently, there were several European countries who were sponsoring Turkey's proposed membership in the E.U.

That's almost certainly not going to happen now, as Erdoğan has concentrated most of the power of the state in the hands of the president.  His stranglehold on power and his growing hostility to the West have precipitated a debate over whether U.S. nuclear weapons based in Turkey should be withdrawn.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/06/growing_concerns_about_us_nuclear_weapons_in_turkey.html#ixzz4tZ26WpYS

For more than a decade, Turkey's leader, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has turned his country from a largely secular, mostly free democracy into an Islamist state.  In some ways, it happened so gradually that until very recently, there were several European countries who were sponsoring Turkey's proposed membership in the E.U.

That's almost certainly not going to happen now, as Erdoğan has concentrated most of the power of the state in the hands of the president.  His stranglehold on power and his growing hostility to the West have precipitated a debate over whether U.S. nuclear weapons based in Turkey should be withdrawn.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/06/growing_concerns_about_us_nuclear_weapons_in_turkey.html#ixzz4tZ26WpYS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Oceander

Re: Growing concerns about US nuclear weapons in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:41:20 am »
What does the author think will happen?  Turkey will sieze the nukes and be able to use them willy-nilly?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:17 am »
What does the author think will happen?  Turkey will sieze the nukes and be able to use them willy-nilly?

Those bases are pretty well guarded by base personnel.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 04:21:14 am »
No brainer, remove them as fast as possible.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 04:28:10 am »
No brainer, remove them as fast as possible.

Yet we need them in case we go to war with Russia.