Author Topic: Rams-49ers Attendance Was Over 70,000, That Should Quiet That Silly Empty NFL Stadium Narrative  (Read 596 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rams-49ers Attendance Was Over 70,000, That Should Quiet That Silly Empty NFL Stadium Narrative

By: Kyle Koster   | September 22, 2017 12:00 pm ET

As predicted, the Los Angeles Rams and San Francisco 49ers played a thrilling Thursday night football game. A nation with extremely high expectations for the quality of play was not let down as these two must-see teams delivered. Rams-Niners is as good as it gets. Always has been, always will be.

Perhaps that’s why Levi’s Stadium was packed to the gills with over 70,000 fanatics. That’s right, over 70,000! Want to make something of it?

The attendance figure doesn’t lie.

Continued: http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/22/rams-49ers-attendance-was-over-70000-that-should-quiet-that-silly-empty-nfl-stadium-narrative/

The photos and at that link, still show somewhat empty stadiums, maybe the ownership or NFL is fudging the figures.

There are the teams on the field, so one can't say the photos are pregame photos and it looks like a half empty stadium to me.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZU7SWznVBc/

Also:

Offline TomSea

I think they are cooking the books.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:26:38 pm by TomSea »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Attendance" figures are usually based on number of tickets sold, and not number of fans who actually showed up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline endicom

"Attendance" figures are usually based on number of tickets sold, and not number of fans who actually showed up.

I was just going to ask about that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Corporations/businesses purchase blocks of season tickets and give them away during the season.

'Problem' is that the NFL game telecasts are an unparalleled experience which the game attendee can't enjoy.

...and they have to spend $350 for the 'privilege' of walking to their seat. (with parking, ticket, food, drink)

May as well watch in home on a big screen and see every play in detail.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When the cheapest face value ticket is $85 and resold for less than $15, you can sell a lot of tickets.  It also demonstrates a real fundamental problem going on.

49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php

At some point, the ones losing money, the owners, will say enough is enough.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Those photos, even the ones taken mid-game, show many stadium sections with as many or more empty seats as filled. And yet, it is being reported that the stadium was at 90% capacity. It looks more like at most 50% capacity.

Something ain't right. Even if they are reporting tickets sold over attendance, that still seems a little 'optimistic'. Why would half the people who bought tickets not bother to show?

I believe the pictures more than I do what is reported in the 'news'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

A few of the comments point out that the author is probably saying this "tongue-in-cheek", in other words, it may be satire.

Even if the tickets were sold ahead of time, I think the author also makes the point that those two first Niners games had the exact same attendance.

"The Niners’ attendance is just fine. And consistent. What are the odds that San Francisco would draw the same amount of very real and engaged fans in both Week 3 and Week 1?"

70,178; someone in the comments remarks that the stadium capacity is 68,000 something. Who knows but to have the exact same attendance is a bit remarkable.  Obviously, something is askew.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
70,178; someone in the comments remarks that the stadium capacity is 68,000 something. Who knows but to have the exact same attendance is a bit remarkable.  Obviously, something is askew.

There are another 9000 club and box seats. Total number of seats is about 77000.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

On a scale of one to ten, which American city would be most likely to have fans who are sympathetic to Colon Krappernig? San Francisco across the bay from Oakland, etc.

(for you math majors, I mean which city would be expected to show the least decline in attendance)

I think the owners of teams in the Negro Football League, have allowed a major league problem to fester, and not go away anytime soon.

Seats and TV eyeballs. The seats and eyeballs NOT purchased, are almost pure profit. Put that in your MBAs and smoke it.

Next year some firms might not buy their season tickets, after hearing their clients would prefer some other sports or events.

If not arrested soon, years 2-5 may turn the NFL into a bigger and bigger problem. $$$$$
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln