Author Topic: Russian Website Claims Russia's New Tank Can Run On Mars  (Read 326 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Russian Website Claims Russia's New Tank Can Run On Mars
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:41:55 am »
SPOILE ALERT: It Cannot

By David Grossman
The Russian government has made an exceptionally bold claim about its new line of tanks: They're so durable they could be driven on Mars.

Sputnik News, a state-run website, was citing a Russian newspaper with close state ties, Izvestia, when it ran the headline "Magic Starter: Armata Engines Make It Fit for Martian Temperature." The articles are discussing the T-14 Armata, the result of hundreds of billions of dollars of Russian investment in new weaponry.

The T-14, developed by Russian manufacturer Renova and expected to see combat starting in 2020, is surely an impressive vehicle impressive. Dubbed "the first fully robotic tank in the world," it features a 12-speed automatic transmission, a tactical missile system, an anti-aircraft defense system, an army reconnaissance and target designation complex, infrared capabilities and a 125-millimeter cannon.

One of the T-14's many impressive features is a diesel engine that can start in temperatures as low as -58 degrees Fahrenheit. The tank's engines are able to store electricity in supercapacitors much like electric cars on the road today.

Excerpted by Mod3

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a28145/russian-website-false-claims-mars-tank/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:25:49 pm by MOD3 »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Russian Website Claims Russia's New Tank Can Run On Mars
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 08:42:52 am »
The Russians has an very bad record of landing probes to Mars
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome