Author Topic: Adir Who? Israel’s F-35i Stealth Fighters  (Read 306 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Adir Who? Israel’s F-35i Stealth Fighters
« on: September 23, 2017, 07:41:31 am »
by Defense Industry Daily

Deliveries of F-35i Adir Joint Strike Fighter aircraft to Israel continue, with two additional fighters recently touching down external link in the country, bringing the number now in possession to seven. The fighter will now undergo an integration process and will conduct initial operational testing in December. Israel’s F-35i ‘Adir’ fighter is based on the standard F-35A variant modified with Israeli requirements. 50 will eventually be procured.
Keep reading for the whole story with recent events put in context

In an exclusive June 2006 interview, Israeli Air Force (IAF) chief procurement officer Brigadier-General Ze’ev Snir told Israeli media that the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter was a key part of their IAF recapitalization plans, and that Israel intended to buy over 100 of the fighters to replace their fleet of over 300 F-16s.

Excepted by Mod3

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/israel-plans-to-buy-over-100-f35s-02381/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:15:20 pm by MOD3 »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Adir Who? Israel’s F-35i Stealth Fighters
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 07:42:56 am »
In Hebrew the meaning of the name Adir is: noble.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/israel-plans-to-buy-over-100-f35s-02381/

[Mod8 added link]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:21:37 pm by MOD8 »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome