Author Topic: McCain to vote 'no' on ObamaCare repeal  (Read 1818 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McCain to vote 'no' on ObamaCare repeal
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 11:14:32 pm »
Thanks ML! I wasn't even sure how I felt about Grahmnesty's bill but McCain's excuse - "The CBO hadn't scored it" - is beyond aggravating. Considering how poorly the CBO 'scored' Obamacare initially.

CBO scores are absolutely worthless for anything but preserving the status quo as they are not allowed to take into account any changes in behavior that will occur as a result of any proposed action!  They are confined to using static analysis in all cases and that is by design!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 11:26:19 pm »
Didn't see anybody else that caught it...we all missed it.

Meghan McCain's resignation from FOXNEWS may have had something to do with dear old dad nixing the Obamacare repeal.

How could she defend it?   Poor girl would have slit her wrists.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:56 am »

Meghan McCain's resignation from FOXNEWS may have had something to do with dear old dad nixing the Obamacare repeal.

Old McQueeg is seemingly so intent upon sticking it to Trump, to the applause of the MSM, that he didn't mind trashing his daughter's Fox gig in the process. Thats some focus.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 01:08:48 am »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-respectfully-disagree-with-my-friend-john-mccain-over-healthcare-bill-but-we-press-on/article/2635311

From that article "My friendship with John McCain is not based on how he votes but respect for how he's lived his life and the person he is," Graham said in a statement after McCain's announcement.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 01:12:03 am »
From that article "My friendship with John McCain is not based on how he votes but respect for how he's lived his life and the person he is," Graham said in a statement after McCain's announcement.

:3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 07:00:17 pm »

Always thought that poor girl was suffering from some sort of oxygen deprivation to her brain.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »
Old McQueeg is seemingly so intent upon sticking it to Trump, to the applause of the MSM, that he didn't mind trashing his daughter's Fox gig in the process. Thats some focus.

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee!"