Author Topic: Senate Republicans caved on everything in the budget  (Read 529 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate Republicans caved on everything in the budget
« on: September 21, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »
Whenever you think Republicans have finally reached “peak capitulation,” they never fail in raising the scope of their betrayal. The result of the upcoming continuing resolution, likely to receive a vote early next week, is that control over the internet will head to Russia and China while 110,000 refugees from places such as Syria, Iraq, and Somalia will be immigrating here in the upcoming fiscal year.

Earlier this afternoon Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. (F, 42%) released the text of the budget CR to fund the federal government from October 1 through December 9, 2016. The bill did not contain a single policy rider limiting a single harmful policy of this administration. In other words, Obama essentially has control over both the legislative and executive branches of government.  There are no checks and balances. Although, to be fair, it’s hard to call this a capitulation because Republicans never really fought on the issues of the internet giveaway, Iran ransom, and refugees in the first place.

Read more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/senate-republicans-caved-on-everything-in-the-budget
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Re: Senate Republicans caved on everything in the budget
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:35:16 pm »
Blast from the past.

Some things never change.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 11:37:28 pm »
So the Libs get their agenda. The only difference is that Dems enthusiastically support it and the Republicans cave in to support it.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 11:42:54 pm »
Not my circus, not my clown.

Years of the lesser evil nevertheless brings more evil.

The uniparty is bent on destroying the country. The "parties" put on a good show that they stand for different things but when the chips are down, it is always the same result.

I don't think it can be saved anymore.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:47:16 pm »
Not much has changed in a year. I’m sure Kentuckians are very proud of their turtle.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:51:06 pm »
I'll add that it is pretty apparent that critical mass has been reached regarding people collecting benefits from the government. And with Obamacare that has pushed it well past the edge.

When over half the voters get more from government than they put in, you've reached the point of no return that neither party has the courage to rein in. They'll talk your ear off how they're going to reverse it - but when it actually is set to a vote, it doesn't happen.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:01:36 am »
I'll add that it is pretty apparent that critical mass has been reached regarding people collecting benefits from the government. And with Obamacare that has pushed it well past the edge.

When over half the voters get more from government than they put in, you've reached the point of no return that neither party has the courage to rein in. They'll talk your ear off how they're going to reverse it - but when it actually is set to a vote, it doesn't happen.

Everyone has a plan to reduce the deficit over 10 years, though they always "need" to increase spending this year.

A 10 year plan, with a (in theory at least) annual budget.   Yeah, okay.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 01:48:43 am »
Everyone has a plan to reduce the deficit over 10 years, though they always "need" to increase spending this year.

South of the boarder that's called "mañana"... Always tomorrow...

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 03:06:45 am »

Been going on for eons, or at least decades.

Today's conservative has reached into his heart of hearts, prayed hard, and decided it was high
time that the government cut his
neighbour's benefits.---George F. Will . . . in 1978.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 03:14:29 am »
South of the boarder that's called "mañana"... Always tomorrow...

In Arabic it's "bukra" .
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien