Author Topic: WWII Russian soldier with his helmet and boots still on  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Suppressed

WWII Russian soldier with his helmet and boots still on
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:40:12 pm »
WWII Russian soldier with his helmet and boots still on
submitted 22 hours ago by evergleam12
from r/pics

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/715hn2/wwii_russian_soldier_with_his_helmet_and_boots/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: WWII Russian soldier with his helmet and boots still on
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:06:47 pm »
No soldier would die like that.

It pains me to say this, and I take no pleasure in it.

This dude was hiding. If you ever dig me up and find me in a fetal posit, just kill me again. Point the revolver at my head and shoot.

I have seen this. My impression, is that this guy was scared out of his head. That's what I get from this photo.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:10:50 pm »
This dude was hiding. If you ever dig me up and find me in a fetal posit, just kill me again. Point the revolver at my head and shoot.
I have seen this. My impression, is that this guy was scared out of his head. That's what I get from this photo.
Repeated exposure to artillery fire (German 88's for example) can do that to a person.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »

Not enough to know how he died, when he died, circumstances etc.

Freezing to death in Russia is a common cause of death for instance. Or he could have been shot and died.

I would not be quick to define him as anything but a fellow caught in the war, period.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:49:48 pm »
Soviet Soldier; I don't think they can say "Russian soldier", could be one of a number of ethnic groups.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »

Whoa there.  What if he was injured and bled to death?  Froze to death?  Asleep when hit?  There's lots of scenarios other than cowardice.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »
Whoa there.  What if he was injured and bled to death?  Froze to death?  Asleep when hit?  There's lots of scenarios other than cowardice.
My thinking, too. Why would the weapon be off to the side and not in his hands if he was cowering--he'd cradle the one thing to protect him from a threat, not stand it off to the side.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
He could have been gutshot and bled out
Countdown to Resignation

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
Sorry guys. It's just that I have seen this. This photo, whether I am right or wrong I don't know, but it triggered something in me. I have seen grown men go fetal, crying like a baby. I have seen men throw down their weapons and run. You can't talk to them. You can't tell them anything. They are crazy, out of their head. They are just as likely to shoot you, as they are to fire at the enemy. shut up! !shut up you idiot! shut up! shut the bleep up!

It is my problem, not his. I was wrong. It is just this picture, it made me think of things that are better left forgotten. I need a time out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »
Sorry guys. It's just that I have seen this. This photo, whether I am right or wrong I don't know, but it triggered something in me. I have seen grown men go fetal, crying like a baby. I have seen men throw down their weapons and run. You can't talk to them. You can't tell them anything. They are crazy, out of their head. They are just as likely to shoot you, as they are to fire at the enemy. shut up! !shut up you idiot! shut up! shut the bleep up!

It is my problem, not his. I was wrong. It is just this picture, it made me think of things that are better left forgotten. I need a time out.

It's funny how we can fill in the blanks.  My background was as a medic.  Maybe that's partially why I saw it differently and based on my own experience.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 02:31:08 am »
It's funny how we can fill in the blanks.  My background was as a medic.  Maybe that's partially why I saw it differently and based on my own experience.
I think this guy was hurt, bad. The remains have a broken Right Radius, gouges in left ribs look like they are old (date possibly to time of death), and may be from a bayonet or shrapnel wound--which could be the cause of death, for that matter. It looks like there is some damage to the left humerus, too, but that could be from excavation damage (maybe the radius, too).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:06:16 am »

Can't get away from those memories and can't change them. You may or may not be wrong. Thank you for your service bro.