Author Topic: Theresa May launches stinging attack on Donald Trump in United Nations speech  (Read 975 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Theresa May launches stinging attack on Donald Trump in United Nations speech

Addressing the United Nations General Assembly, Mrs May issued slap downs to Trump, Vladimir Putin and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un

ByBen Glaze

20:01, 20 SEP 2017Updated21:44, 20 SEP 2017

Theresa May tonight launched a stinging attack on Donald Trump minutes before a face-to-face meeting with the US President.

The Prime Minister railed against his decision to pull America out of the Paris climate change deal and blasted nations which erect trade barriers and pursue protectionism.

Addressing the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Mrs May issued slap downs to Mr Trump, Russian president Vladimir Putin and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.

Leaders who fail to respect international agreements risk jeopardising faith in institutions, she warned.

Delivering a thinly-veiled rebuke to the US President, she said climate change “is depleting and degrading the planet we leave to our children”.

more
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-may-donald-trump-attack-11209524
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/embarrassment-theresa-delivers-speech-mostly-11209871
Embarrassment as Theresa May delivers speech to mostly empty United Nations General Assembly

The Prime Minister's stinging attack on Donald Trump was heard by a handful of diplomats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In a speech hardly anyone saw.  The room was almost empty.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

No wonder the globalists are upset about our pullout of the Paris Accords. They already had all that US taxpayer money about spent.

Offline dfwgator

I guarantee her approval ratings in Britain are much lower than Trump's are here.

Oceander

I doubt if that got her much traction.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Actually, she's holding back funding from the UN.

We'll slash UN cash if it doesn't reform, minister warns

The UN is no longer “fit for purpose” and will lose funding from Britain unless it reforms, the International Aid Secretary said today.

Priti Patel also blasted the organisation for failing to crack down on sexual abuse carried out by UN peacekeepers as she addressed other leaders in New York.

She said: “Against the backdrop of unprecedented humanitarian crises, the international system is, frankly, not coping - it’s not fit for purpose.

“While the objectives and goals of the UN are timeless, the structures and system we have today was cobbled together over years, and it is time for change.

“Nothing emphasises these problems like the sickening and atrocious sexual abuses carried out under the UN flag – it will not be tolerated.

“The UK is putting our money where our mouth is, and to ensure these critical reforms are not ignored, a third of our spending will be dependent on UN agencies making the changes needed to remain relevant in the 21st century.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4510604/theresa-may-takes-jab-at-donald-trump-for-pulling-out-of-global-climate-treaty/

I agree with the above.  I didn't see the speech itself so I can not talk about this much in depth.  Doesn't seem too bad for me.  Reading about what she said about Trump, I agree she is wrong in that. This other looks okay.

Offline aligncare

No wonder the globalists are upset about our pullout of the Paris Accords. They already had all that US taxpayer money about spent.

Yep. The United Nations has long ago outlived its usefulness. Which is not to say I don't believe that in the age of global terroris some form of international cooperative/relationship-fostering agency isn't needed. But, the UN as currently constituted sucks. It's a dinosaur.

Offline Frank Cannon

Is this the same broad that got her ass handed to her in recent UK elections and is dithering around while her country is constantly under muslim attack?

Offline edpc

Yep. The United Nations has long ago outlived its usefulness. Which is not to say I don't believe that in the age of global terroris some form of international cooperative/relationship-fostering agency isn't needed. But, the UN as currently constituted sucks. It's a dinosaur.

It is and always has been a joke.  The idea representatives from nations with no infrastructure, living in the cultural dark ages, with zero concept of freedom or responsibile self rule could have equal footing with us in a voting body is absurd.

Offline skeeter

Re: Theresa May launches stinging attack on Donald Trump in United Nations speech
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 11:23:42 pm »

It is and always has been a joke.  The idea representatives from nations with no infrastructure, living in the cultural dark ages, with zero concept of freedom or responsibile self rule could have equal footing with us in a voting body is absurd.

Obviously they are only there to bring home the bacon, most of which goes into their respective sh*tholes' oligarchy's pockets. Thats why they're so steamed about the Paris Accords pullout. Thats the grandaddy of all third world scams.

Offline aligncare

Re: Theresa May launches stinging attack on Donald Trump in United Nations speech
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 11:40:43 pm »
Obviously they are only there to bring home the bacon, most of which goes into their respective sh*tholes' oligarchy's pockets. Thats why they're so steamed about the Paris Accords pullout. Thats the grandaddy of all third world scams.

It's laughable on it's face. Governments taxing the bleep out of working people as a way of stopping climate? On second thought, it's sad for humanity that advanced societies have sunk to mass hysteria as tax policy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 11:44:41 pm »
Is this the same broad that got her ass handed to her in recent UK elections and is dithering around while her country is constantly under muslim attack?

The very same one @Frank Cannon    :laugh:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 12:26:26 am »
"Delivering a thinly-veiled rebuke to the US President, she said climate change “is depleting and degrading the planet we leave to our children”."

Is that all this dumb broad has to talk about?

Edit:
Oops, posted before I read Frank Cannon's riposte above! ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:28:20 am by Fishrrman »

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 12:31:12 am »

Yup.  That would be her.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 12:46:54 am »
The Prime Minister's stinging attack on Donald Trump was heard by a handful of diplomats
Most of whom were playing Candy Crush, making dinner reservations or checking baseball scores on their iPhones at the time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 01:33:18 am »
Let Theresa back up her outrage by refusing any further aid from the Trump administration.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 02:52:15 am »
Leaders who fail to respect international agreements risk jeopardising faith in institutions, she warned.

Delivering a thinly-veiled rebuke to the US President, she said climate change “is depleting and degrading the planet we leave to our children”.

Ouch!  That's quite a "stinging attack" on someone whose name she obviously dares not speak.....   88devil

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 01:23:56 pm »
Dear PM May...ma'am might I politely suggest that the money you're wasting on the hoax of climate change be put to better use rebuilding your military?

Specifically your once proud Royal Navy that can't even put 2/3rd's of it's fleet to sea at this moment because your government and previous administrations have so drastically cut their budget.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 01:36:46 pm »
Dear PM May...ma'am might I politely suggest that the money you're wasting on the hoax of climate change be put to better use rebuilding your military?

Specifically your once proud Royal Navy that can't even put 2/3rd's of it's fleet to sea at this moment because your government and previous administrations have so drastically cut their budget.

You would think an island nation would maintain a strong navy, by necessity, even after their colonial period had ended.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 01:58:08 pm »
You would think an island nation would maintain a strong navy, by necessity, even after their colonial period had ended.

They've cut their forces more drastically and more quickly than Big Ears could have ever done.  Though he did a good job of trying to catch them.

Their military in kinda in the same situation ours is in...proud professionals being undercut by PC flag officers and anti military politicians.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!