Author Topic: White House Spied On Trump And Lied About It, Says CNN — Is This Worse Than Richard Nixon?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Right on all counts!  So why is nothing being done about it?

I don't know B. They should at least be pressuring Mueller to investigate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Concerned

I'd like to see all the NTs in TBR who laughed and scoffed at Donald Trump when he made the claims he was wiretapped.....come forward and publicly KMA.

:whistle:

@DCPatriot

Obama didn’t have Trump’s “wires tapped”, but rather Paul Manafort was wiretapped as part of a FISA warrant issued by a US Judge as requested by the Department of Justice.

Here’s what Trump actually tweeted (emphasis added):

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!”

It was obviously untrue.  In fact, Trump’s own DOJ apparently confirmed it was false earlier this month when they acknowledged as much:

“The Justice Department said in a court filing Friday evening that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump's assertion in March that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower before last year's election.

"Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets," the department's motion reads. NSD refers to the department's national security division.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/02/politics/justice-department-trump-tower-wiretap/index.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

@DCPatriot

Obama didn’t have Trump’s “wires tapped”, but rather Paul Manafort was wiretapped as part of a FISA warrant issued by a US Judge as requested by the Department of Justice.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!”

It was obviously untrue.  In fact, Trump’s own DOJ apparently confirmed it was false earlier this month when they acknowledged as much:

“The Justice Department said in a court filing Friday evening that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump's assertion in March that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower before last year's election.

"Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets," the department's motion reads. NSD refers to the department's national security division.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/02/politics/justice-department-trump-tower-wiretap/index.html

Oopsie!

Thanks for filling us in on the facts.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot wrote:
"I'd like to see all the NTs in TBR who laughed and scoffed at Donald Trump when he made the claims he was wiretapped.....come forward and publicly KMA."

Right on.
Exactly what I thought as I began to read this article.

Next order of business:
Put on the flame-resistant suit, and then...
...Fire Mueller and all those lackeys working for him.

Offline Concerned

DCPatriot wrote:
"I'd like to see all the NTs in TBR who laughed and scoffed at Donald Trump when he made the claims he was wiretapped.....come forward and publicly KMA."

Right on.

Next order of business:

And then be prepared for impeachment proceedings (assuming you're suggesting that Trump fire Mueller and all his "lackeys").  After all, Trump doesn't have the authority to fire Mueller.  He was appointed by Trump-appointee, Rod Rosenstein to whom Mueller reports.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

Sorry, but that's a load of crap.   

The Obama Administration unlawfully spied upon the Donald Trump Administration during the campaign and after the November 8th victory.

"Wires Tapped" is the venacular for eavesdropping.

The rest of your post is white noise.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

The Obama Administration unlawfully spied upon the Donald Trump Administration during the campaign and after the November 8th victory.

"Venacular" and "white noise", of course, means "I can't possibly defend my indefensible attempt at an argument".  Have a good night! # FACTS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:57:25 am by Concerned »

Online DCPatriot

DCPatriot wrote:

Right on.

Next order of business:

I'd fire Mueller tomorrow and dare anybody to do a damned thing about it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

And then be prepared for impeachment proceedings (assuming you're suggesting that Trump fire Mueller and all his "lackeys").  After all, Trump doesn't have the authority to fire Mueller.  He was appointed by Trump-appointee, Rod Rosenstein to whom Mueller reports.

Sessions can withdraw his recusal on the Russia matter, making Rosenstein's position null and void.

Try to keep up.

Offline Concerned

Sessions can withdraw his recusal on the Russia matter, making Rosenstein's position null and void.

Try to keep up.

I'll definitely keep up with the FACTS, and I expect that if Session, indeed tried to withdraw his "recusal", we'd still be looking at impeachment proceedings.  JMO.

Online DCPatriot

I'll definitely keep up with the FACTS, and I expect that if Session, indeed tried to withdraw his "recusal", we'd still be looking at impeachment proceedings.  JMO.

You're assuming a Democrat-controlled House and Senate?

Offline Concerned

You're assuming a Democrat-controlled House and Senate?

No I'm not. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:11:47 am by Concerned »

Oceander

In other words: "your logic and facts offend my worship of Trump and are blasphemous."

Online DCPatriot

No I'm not.

Then put down the crack pipe and back away slowly.   Not gonna happen.

The latest poll done today among Republicans..... 80% are happy with President Trump.

I freaking dare them to vote for Impeachment.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online DCPatriot

In other words: "your logic and facts offend my worship of Trump and are blasphemous."

Is @Concerned another one of your sock puppet accounts?

One has to ask....especially since you're stalking our conversation here.    :laugh:

Oceander

The latest poll done today among Republicans..... 80% are happy with President Trump.

Why, are you going to punch all of them in the face so they have to drink through straws for six months, tough guy.

Offline Concerned

80% support Trump like the way the GOP-led House and the GOP-Senate repealed ObamaCare?  Or the way the GOP led House and Senate gave the President what he wanted on Russia sanctions?  The fact that both the House and the Senate already have ongoing investigations into Trump collusion with Russia about election collusion should tell you all you need to know about how subservient the GOP Congress is to Trump. Jeez.  #FACTS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:18:39 am by Concerned »

Online DCPatriot

Bongino: Wiretapping reaction exposes stench of liberal hypocrisy

Filling in on "The Mark Levin Show" Wednesday evening, CR contributing editor Dan Bongino said reactions to the Obama administration's surveillance of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort expose the “grotesque, stinking ... stench of liberal hypocrisy.”

Giving a rough run-through of the countless would-be scandals of the Obama administration that liberals and the media completely ignored — from the Fast and Furious gun scandal to Lois Lerner and the IRS' selective targeting of conservative groups — Bongino juxtaposed the past with liberals' sudden, intense curiosity in Paul Manafort's financial situation today. Listen:

http://www.conservativereview.com/articles/bongino-wiretapping-reaction-exposes-stench-of-liberal-hypocrisy

Online DCPatriot

Why, are you going to punch all of them in the face so they have to drink through straws for six months, tough guy.

Get lost!  You bore the hell out of me.

Oceander

Get lost!  You bore the hell out of me.

Aww.  Poor widdle snowflake. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Technically, all the President would need to do is fire the acting AG and then fire Mueller.  He'd open the gates of hell ... but he can legally do this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O and DC..use the ignore feature..you two just can't be on the same thread...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

O and DC..use the ignore feature..you two just can't be on the same thread...

Yeah....but if he's "Concerned", that's not fair!!!    :laugh:

Offline Concerned

Technically, all the President would need to do is fire the acting AG and then fire Mueller.  He'd open the gates of hell ... but he can legally do this.

Exactly my point. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's a chilling article summarizing what this wiretapping really means ...

Wiretaps may prove Trump right — and that’s absolutely terrifying
NY Post, Sep 19, 2017, Michael Goodwin

<snip>

The delegates and heads of state got The Full Trump, including what it means to put America First. It was the president’s finest, most complete expression of his worldview and, thankfully, contained no apologies for American power or history.

Yet even as Trump spoke, a threat to his presidency gained new steam. Reports that special counsel Robert Mueller had wiretapped former Trump campaign boss Paul Manafort and plans to indict him sent Washington into a new tizzy of speculation.

According to CNN, which first carried the wiretapping report, Manafort was surveilled under a FISA warrant, meaning the FBI suspected he was operating as a foreign agent. The network said it is possible G-men listened to the president talking to Manafort because the wiretap continued into this year and Trump and Manafort often talked in 2017.

If so, that would mark an infamous history — an American president being overheard by secret agents of his own government.

<snip>

These and other incidents appear to be part of the effort to undermine Trump from within the government, and they give rise to a growing belief that America is infected with a “deep state,” a malevolent permanent bureaucracy that feels entitled to power and will stop at almost nothing to keep it.

I have been reluctant to reach that conclusion, believing that “deep state” is a more fitting concept for a Third World country that has corrupted institutions and no rule of law or history of individual freedom.

But I’m beginning to wonder. The more we learn about the last eight years and eight months, the more reason there is to believe that something is rotten in Washington.

I don’t just mean the ordinary corruption of the swamp variety. I mean something fundamental, something that suggests major elements in our government believe they, and not the people, are sovereign.

Which brings us back to the ultimate test: Did Obama or somebody working for him put Trump under surveillance during or after the election for the purpose of a political coup?

It’s a frightening question, all the more so because I suspect the answer will be yes — if we can ever get to the truth.

Read more:  http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/wiretaps-may-prove-trump-right-and-thats-absolutely-terrifying/