Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Two American female tourists in their early twenties are rushed to hospital after having acid thrown in their face outside Marseille train station while two more suffer burns  (Read 1193 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
BREAKING NEWS: Two American female tourists in their early twenties are rushed to hospital after having acid thrown in their face outside Marseille train station while two more suffer burns

Four American tourists suffer acid attack outside Marseilles train station
    Two female victims, aged 20 and 21, were sprayed with acid in their faces
    Reports say a 41-year-old man was arrested and the victims rushed to hospital
    Fourteen fire fighters rushd to the scene - it is not thought to be terror related

By Rod Ardehali For Mailonline

Published: 08:20 EDT, 17 September 2017 | Updated: 09:27 EDT, 17 September 2017

Two female American tourists suffered facial injuries in an acid attack that left two others nursing burns, outside a train station in Marseille.

Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892572/Two-American-tourists-suffer-acid-attack-Marseille.html

Offline TomSea

Two of the tourists were injured in the face in the attack in the city's main Saint Charles train station and one of them has a possible eye injury, a spokeswoman for the Marseille prosecutor's office told The Associated Press in a phone call.

She said all four of the tourists, who are in their 20s, have been hospitalized, two of them for shock. She said a 41-year-old female suspect has been arrested.

Continued: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/235482-4-u-s-tourists-attacked-with-acid-in-marseille

So, a woman has been arrested for this attack on 4 US women.  It sounds like only 2 of the women actually got hit with acid.  As usual, early reports.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:08:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Victoria33

@Sanguine

One moment you can be perfectly fine and the next second your life could change forever.
I was perfectly fine, walking back from the mail box on the concrete path in the dark; the next second the left side of my face slammed down on a big rock.  The sound of it was really loud.  I was stunned for a few seconds but knew not to move as my facial bones and/or skull could be broken and I didn't open my left eye.  I called out for help and a man on the sidewalk came over and I told him to call 911.  The ambulance came, an EMT put a neck brace on me and they got me on a stretcher into the ambulance.  They checked vital signs, then one asked me to open my eye.  I said, "I really don't want to do that."  He said I had to so they could check my eye.  It was full of blood but I could see out of it.  Off to trauma hospital.  Skull wasn't broken but the left side of my face was black from so many blood vessels broken.   Cornea of left eye was scratched.

I recovered from that with no lasting eye injury and no facial bones/skull broken.  My life could have changed right there.  It only takes one second and those ladies with burned faces were fine and then their life changed in that second.  That is what I thought when I read this happened to them.  I feel really sorry this happened to them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

One moment you can be perfectly fine and the next second your life could change forever.
I was perfectly fine, walking back from the mail box on the concrete path in the dark; the next second the left side of my face slammed down on a big rock.  The sound of it was really loud.  I was stunned for a few seconds but knew not to move as my facial bones and/or skull could be broken and I didn't open my left eye.  I called out for help and a man on the sidewalk came over and I told him to call 911.  The ambulance came, an EMT put a neck brace on me and they got me on a stretcher into the ambulance.  They checked vital signs, then one asked me to open my eye.  I said, "I really don't want to do that."  He said I had to so they could check my eye.  It was full of blood but I could see out of it.  Off to trauma hospital.  Skull wasn't broken but the left side of my face was black from so many blood vessels broken.   Cornea of left eye was scratched.

I recovered from that with no lasting eye injury and no facial bones/skull broken.  My life could have changed right there.  It only takes one second and those ladies with burned faces were fine and then their life changed in that second.  That is what I thought when I read this happened to them.  I feel really sorry this happened to them.

I agree, @Victoria33.  And, I was thinking that kind of attack would be very difficult to anticipate and avoid.  Pretty much impossible.

Offline skeeter

And, the authorities are already calling it "not terrorism".

He didn't holler anything. So not terrorism, obviously.

Just your average nondescript 40 year old male, walking around dashing acid in women's faces.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sanguine wrote:
"...And, I was thinking that kind of attack would be very difficult to anticipate and avoid.  Pretty much impossible..."

Was the attacker a muslim?
No "name", yet.

If that turns out to be the case, it would have been VERY possible to have "prevented" it, IF there were no muslims in France at all.

Such "solutions" are still within the grasp of Western Europe, at least for a little while longer.
Two or more decades from now (possibly even less) and that opportunity will be forever lost.
And along with it will be lost "Western" Europe.

Shall it someday be named "Western Europistan" ??

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/09/18/boston-college-student-in-acid-attack-in-france-asks-prayers-for-suspect

Boston College students in acid attack in France forgive assailant

Research it for oneself, it doesn't sound like the acid was a strong solution, maybe it did not do much harm. We will see. I haven't heard much about the attacker. They are saying she is mentally ill.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Research it for oneself, it doesn't sound like the acid was a strong solution, maybe it did not do much harm. We will see. I haven't heard much about the attacker. They are saying she is mentally ill.

@TomSea

OK,I take back all the sympathy I have wasted on these loons. They enjoy being victims,so let them be victims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RE the news article:
"Boston College students in acid attack in France forgive assailant"

sneakypete wrote:
"I take back all the sympathy I have wasted on these loons. They enjoy being victims,so let them be victims."

Complete agreement.
After reading that, I could care less about them.
They exemplify what has gone wrong with Western thought.

From time to time I put up the question:
"Who's winning?"

With Americans like these four idiots, it ain't gonna be us.