Author Topic: Protests resume after 80 arrests in St. Louis unrest  (Read 617 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Protests resume after 80 arrests in St. Louis unrest
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:30:10 pm »
Protests resume after 80 arrests in St. Louis unrest

By jim salter and summer ballentine, associated press

ST. LOUIS — Sep 18, 2017, 9:24 AM ET

A racially mixed crowd of demonstrators locked arms and marched quietly through downtown St. Louis Monday morning to protest the acquittal of a white former police officer in the killing of a black suspect, following another night of unrest and more than 80 arrests.

The latest action follows three days of peaceful protests and three nights of violence in the city that has been rocked since Friday, when a judge announced he found Jason Stockley not guilty in the 2011 death of Anthony Lamar Smith.

Hundreds of riot police mobilized downtown late Sunday, arresting more than 80 people and seizing weapons amid reports of property damage and vandalism. The arrests came after demonstrators ignored orders to disperse, police said.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dozens-arrested-st-louis-readies-protests-49922602
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Protests resume after 80 arrests in St. Louis unrest
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:31:56 pm »
Why don't they march for every black person that is murdered?

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »
This was a pretty egregious acquittal.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »
Why don't they march for every black person that is murdered?

Doesn't fit the agenda.  These protests are highly organized by anarchists determined to bring down the US.  One way to do that would be to eliminate police and allow crime and the resulting chaos to flourish.  Without law and order these anarchists can eliminate anyone standing in their way -- particularly white Christians. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »
Yeah, I'm always upset when a heroin-dealing thug gets himself killed.  8888crybaby

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:01:05 pm »
Yeah, I'm always upset when a heroin-dealing thug gets himself killed.  8888crybaby

So cops can set out to murder the people you don't like?  What are you going to do when they come for you?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 02:08:26 pm »
So cops can set out to murder the people you don't like?  What are you going to do when they come for you?

"Bad Boyz...Bad Boyz"    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 02:58:12 pm »

Apparently the judge didn't see it that way. This guy was a scumbag.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »
obviously you do not like our legal system, do you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:42 pm »
The judge ruled that the prosecution had not proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt. What else could he do but acquit?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 03:18:23 pm »
Doesn't fit the agenda.  These protests are highly organized by anarchists determined to bring down the US.  One way to do that would be to eliminate police and allow crime and the resulting chaos to flourish.  Without law and order these anarchists can eliminate anyone standing in their way -- particularly white Christians.

At least an until they run into the lead wall. They don't account that a lack of law and order enables in both directions.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 03:19:33 pm »
Police officers in riot gear gathered alongside a St Louis boulevard late on Sunday night, chanting “whose street, our street”, a common refrain used by those protesting the acquittal of a white former officer in the death of a black man, after successfully clearing the street of demonstrators and onlookers. ...
The Guardian, which also provides info on the original shooting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »
If I were a heroin-dealing, scumbag drug dealer who was responsible for many deaths and just rammed a police car trying to kill them, I should expect the worst.
Do you think if some cop had shot Al Capone or other notorious gang lords at the height of their criminal powers out of hand, the country would have been worse off?
The fact is the policeman was given a trial and acquitted. But you prefer to shed tears for the worthless piece of garbage who got himself killed? 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:32:43 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »
But he was getting his life together....

Sigh...

Another endless string of rap songs I won't be able to NOT listen to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »

I really don't think most police get up in the morning wondering who they can kill today.

As near as I  can tell...this person tried to ram the police with his car. That isn't a smart thing to do. Especially in today's "let's kill the cops" atmosphere. I don't doubt that the police  are jumpy. I would be as well.

This is just my humble...very humble... opinion. If the police ask or tell me to do something...I think I'll comply. If it is unwarranted I'll fight them tooth and toenail, in an appropriate manner. (I just hope they will help me up off the ground once they figure out I am harmless. Getting up is an issue these days, lol.)

In exchange for my cooperation and compliance they will come-a-runnin' when I need help. They do in my neck of the woods.

Of course. I'm not a drug dealer or other criminal. :laugh: