Author Topic: UK sniper took out four ISIS killers from a mile away as they prepared to set 12 hostages on fire  (Read 780 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The captives were then rescued by British and US special forces
UK sniper took out four ISIS killers from a mile away as they prepared to set 12 hostages on fire
Dan Calabrese image

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives September 13, 2016

This reminds me of an NCIS episode in which Gibbs takes out a wise-mouthed terrorist just before he’s about to kill DiNozzo, McGee and Ziva. Gibbs is on a mountain top at least a mile away with a high-powered rifle, and he puts a bullet right through the bad guy’s forehead. Amazing. But it’s TV. No one can really do that, can they?

Well. Yes. Apparently they can. But this sniper took a different approach. As 12 ISIS hostages were about to be torched alive with flamethrowers, the sniper aimed at a fuel tank on the main executioner’s back - striking it, blowing it up and taking out four ISIS thugs in the process.

more
http://canadafreepress.com/article/uk-sniper-took-out-four-isis-killers-from-a-mile-away-as-they-prepared-to-s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gotta love a happy ending... :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

I would love to see the video. 😀

Offline Smokin Joe

I would love to see the video. 😀
Meh. One guy just coming apart, three others doing Richard Pryor imitations (from his freebasing days).

Some surprised hostages, though, I'd bet. They'd be worth seeing, when they realize they aren't going to be barbecue.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

Meh. One guy just coming apart, three others doing Richard Pryor imitations (from his freebasing days).

Some surprised hostages, though, I'd bet. They'd be worth seeing, when they realize they aren't going to be barbecue.

Yes. That's what I'd like to see.  8 men and 4 women rescued.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Kinda weird writer who asks questions like this

Needless to say, I have questions about some of the details. I don’t doubt there are good answers. I just don’t know what they are. For instance, why was the sniper’s best position a mile away? Why was it necessary to let the killers get so close to actually killing the hostages before the sniper fired? Was there nothing the special forces could have done in the meantime? How close were they? Was it a matter of the ISIS guys needing to be dead because they would have surely killed the hostages upon seeing anyone rushing the scene?

I ask not as a skeptic or a critic, but just as a layman who has never done this kind of work and doesn’t know all the tactical ins and outs.

Why bring these up and try to expose strategy that can be capitalized upon?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Kinda weird writer who asks questions like this

Needless to say, I have questions about some of the details. I don’t doubt there are good answers. I just don’t know what they are. For instance, why was the sniper’s best position a mile away? Why was it necessary to let the killers get so close to actually killing the hostages before the sniper fired? Was there nothing the special forces could have done in the meantime? How close were they? Was it a matter of the ISIS guys needing to be dead because they would have surely killed the hostages upon seeing anyone rushing the scene?

I ask not as a skeptic or a critic, but just as a layman who has never done this kind of work and doesn’t know all the tactical ins and outs.

Why bring these up and try to expose strategy that can be capitalized upon?
Especially when much of the answer is just common sense. Standoff distance, E&E possibilities including head start, ability to communicate and maneuver, ability to remain concealed (less likely to be discovered than being closer, terrain dependent as well, urban/boonies, lots of variables go into picking a hide.

Timing may be a matter of getting clearance to take the shot, or ascertaining intent, because the shot ends the poop and snoop part of the operation and any chance to get a higher value target. Now they know you are there.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:51:40 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As 12 ISIS hostages were about to be torched alive with flamethrowers, the sniper aimed at a fuel tank on the main executioner’s back - striking it, blowing it up and taking out four ISIS thugs in the process.

more
http://canadafreepress.com/article/uk-sniper-took-out-four-isis-killers-from-a-mile-away-as-they-prepared-to-s

@mystery-ak

EVERYBODY loves fireworks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

EVERYBODY loves fireworks.

Like Joe said..we all love happy endings..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34