Author Topic: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”  (Read 11669 times)

Offline CSM

Re: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2017, 04:52:19 pm »
An admission?  That's an odd way to put it since I spent the entire primary season explaining that Trump was not fit to hold the office.

No, Trump was not qualified to be President but I thought he might be able to be a decent one.

I know there are stern people here who get all cranky if anyone says he was better than Hillary but he was and is better than Hillary.

He started out well.  Everyone liked his Supreme Court pick and that's a lasting legacy.  I also liked most of his cabinet appointments.

I wanted to give him a chance and hope he would be a moderately good president and I still do.

The last few days have been brutal for Trump but I'm still not seeing mass disillusion on my Facebook page.  I haven't gone over to TOS but I would guess they are hanging in with him.

We'll see.

@Emjay It sounds like you and I are more aligned than my original assumption led me to believe, and to post the "admission" comment.  I just find it hard to keep track of the hard core Trump supporters that didn't see the reality of the situation.  It sounds like you are not one of those folks and that I projected that onto you.

I apologize for my erroneous assumption that led to the pointedly incorrect reply to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »
@Emjay It sounds like you and I are more aligned than my original assumption led me to believe, and to post the "admission" comment.  I just find it hard to keep track of the hard core Trump supporters that didn't see the reality of the situation.  It sounds like you are not one of those folks and that I projected that onto you.

I apologize for my erroneous assumption that led to the pointedly incorrect reply to you.

Thank you so much.  On keeping track of various posters and their positions ... yeah, really hard to do and I've tried writing down names, etc.

I cannot tell you how much it means to me that I've received quite a few gracious comments on this thread.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline CSM

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2017, 05:10:51 pm »
Thank you so much.  On keeping track of various posters and their positions ... yeah, really hard to do and I've tried writing down names, etc.

I cannot tell you how much it means to me that I've received quite a few gracious comments on this thread.

I just went through and caught up on the thread.  Yes, it was one of the more gracious ones that I have seen in awhile...well outside of the lounge anyway.  Surprisingly, I posted mine before reading the similar sentiments on this thread, so it must have been a blind attraction!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »
I just went through and caught up on the thread.  Yes, it was one of the more gracious ones that I have seen in awhile...well outside of the lounge anyway.  Surprisingly, I posted mine before reading the similar sentiments on this thread, so it must have been a blind attraction!

LOL  Thanx anyway.  After receiving a lot of slings and arrows, it feels good to get some kindness.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
LOL what are the chances the wall would be built even if enough gullible morons donated to build it?

@Cripplecreek

Not gonna happen, IMO, but he'll take the money.  And elderly ladies on fixed incomes will dig deep to send him something, like one at TOS who got so excited because Trump actually sent her a card in return.  She thought he had singled her out and signed it himself.

Sickening.

Silver Pines

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »
Is he only asking "Mexican" supporters for money?

@DB

Lol