Author Topic: Judge: Sessions can’t deny grant money for sanctuary cities  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Jeff Sessions can't withhold grant money from sanctuary cities, judge rules
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »
I think you're correct on both counts.

So Sessions should not be under any state control for pulling the funding.  Right?

I can't wait for them to pull funding in Washington State.  But they will probably go directly to the citizens with new taxes to cover it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:55 pm »
So Sessions should not be under any state control for pulling the funding.  Right?

I can't wait for them to pull funding in Washington State.  But they will probably go directly to the citizens with new taxes to cover it.

As long as it's federal taxpayer's money and he's not breaking any federal laws to do so, then yes, I believe it is within his authority to do so.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »
As long as it's federal taxpayer's money and he's not breaking any federal laws to do so, then yes, I believe it is within his authority to do so.

Well I hope he gets on with it then.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Judge: Sessions can’t deny grant money for sanctuary cities
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 08:56:36 pm »
That's more than tinfoil hat...that's outright . . . Oh, nevermind.

Let's just say there woukd be grounds for POTUS impeachment.
How can you twist that interpretation out of the Constitution?

Amuse me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:00:13 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington