Author Topic: Ben Shapiro hits 'pathetic, lying, stupid jackasses' protesting Berkeley speech  (Read 1234 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/350800-ben-shapiro-mocks-need-for-increased-security-at-uc-berkeley-speech

By Josh Delk - 09/14/17 11:37 PM EDT

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro bashed protesters of his speech at the University of California, Berkeley, on Thursday night, which had drawn increased security measures.

"Thanks to antifa and the supposed anti-fascist brigade for exposing what the radical left truly is," Shapiro said in his speech, referring to anti-fascist or "antifa" activists.

"All of America is watching because you guys are so stupid. It's horrifying, I am grateful, and you can all go to hell, you pathetic, lying, stupid jackasses," he said.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
 888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I bet they needed a lot of counseling after that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good for you, Ben.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/350800-ben-shapiro-mocks-need-for-increased-security-at-uc-berkeley-speech

By Josh Delk - 09/14/17 11:37 PM EDT

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro bashed protesters of his speech at the University of California, Berkeley, on Thursday night, which had drawn increased security measures.

"Thanks to antifa and the supposed anti-fascist brigade for exposing what the radical left truly is," Shapiro said in his speech, referring to anti-fascist or "antifa" activists.

"All of America is watching because you guys are so stupid. It's horrifying, I am grateful, and you can all go to hell, you pathetic, lying, stupid jackasses," he said.
ANTIFirstAmendment
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Triggersaurus does not approve...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Millee

Triggersaurus does not approve...

Bwahahahaha!!!!!   :silly:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

:thumbsup2:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I would be interested in your opinion on labeling antifa as a domestic terror group. I think it is a bad idea. As well as the new legislation concerning white supremacists. I think it is a dangerous path.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I would be interested in your opinion on labeling antifa as a domestic terror group. I think it is a bad idea. As well as the new legislation concerning white supremacists. I think it is a dangerous path.

Labeled by who?  By the government?  By some self-appointed advocacy group like a right-wing equivalent of the Southern Poverty Law Center?

I'm wary of the government labeling groups as terrorist groups,  since it can be abused to chill the right of free speech and association.   There are exceptions, of course, but the label should be applied sparingly.  Individual members who commit or incite acts of violence are another matter.  Violence in the name of a political crusade is no excuse.   Free and vigorous debate in the public square does not include vandalism or violence.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The problem is that AntiFa has stated they believe violence is acceptable against anyone they label as a "fascist". And they can label anyone as a "fascist".

I have not seen any indication that other groups have stated a level of acceptable violence based solely on perceived personal beliefs.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

The problem is that AntiFa has stated they believe violence is acceptable against anyone they label as a "fascist". And they can label anyone as a "fascist".

I have not seen any indication that other groups have stated a level of acceptable violence based solely on perceived personal beliefs.

Antifa's very raison d'etre is to stifle freedom of speech and association. They are the definition of terrorists, unlike some little Christian counseling center who advises against abortion of the kind the SPLC labels terroristic.

Lets not even get into their black masks, urine bombs and pikes.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Labeled by who?  By the government?  By some self-appointed advocacy group like a right-wing equivalent of the Southern Poverty Law Center?

I'm wary of the government labeling groups as terrorist groups,  since it can be abused to chill the right of free speech and association.   There are exceptions, of course, but the label should be applied sparingly.  Individual members who commit or incite acts of violence are another matter.  Violence in the name of a political crusade is no excuse.   Free and vigorous debate in the public square does not include vandalism or violence.       

Yes. By the government.

My preference would be that these people are tried by their actions. If they commit a violent act they should be charged for that act. Whether it be assault, battery, etc. IMO, words alone are not an actionable offense, including so called "hate speech" unless you do, actually, incite a riot.

Offline mountaineer

Makada
‏ @_Makada_

Here is the ANTIFA terrorist who was arrested last night with a weapon at Berkeley pictured with Hillary Clinton.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org