Author Topic: Ben Shapiro’s Answer To Student’s Abortion Question Is Epic  (Read 5462 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Ben Shapiro’s Answer To Student’s Abortion Question Is Epic
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2017, 08:45:10 pm »
Yeah, don't get raped.
Killing another human being is your justification?

Really?

Life is a blessing, even in the most horrific circumstances.  That little child to be born is not to blame for anything, and is completely innocent.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Ancient

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2017, 10:18:35 pm »
Before birth and after birth is a pretty easy bright line to draw as well that doesn't end up allowing the killing of adults.
Birth is a change in location.  I reject your premise that person-hood is defined by location.

Offline Ancient

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2017, 10:24:38 pm »
And just because we're on a roll here, I find it less than awe-inspiring how, prior to birth it's so damned precious some would convict the mother and doctor of premeditated murder, but the second after birth these self-same proclaimed god-fearing folk don't give enough of a damn to even support universal child health care, let alone Medicaid, food, and shelter support for parents who can't afford it for the children you would force them to have. 

Sorry, but if you're committed to rigid anti-abortion, then you are committed to a robust welfare system (or else you're just irrational).
If we support life for the innocent, we must believe that government is the ONLY solution for the welfare issue.  Again, I reject your stupid premise.  You may hold government up as your god and the ultimate answer, but as a Christian I believe there are non-government options to help in these areas.  Here in Houston, 80% of all post-Harvey aid was delivered by local churches.  Worked dang well.  You know what would help in other areas?  Get the libtards out of the way:

* Stop cities from shutting down church food drives by trying to apply commercial health regulations to them
* Stop liberal states from adding abortion requirements to pro-life counseling and assistance centers and squealing if pro-life suggest similar "enhancements" for abortion clinics

We do "don't give enough of a damn" about the poor and the young... we just think your solution is worse than useless because it doesn't solve what it claims to address and causes destruction among those it claims to help.

Offline Ancient

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2017, 10:29:58 pm »
The moral arguments against abortion will be received with greater force if they are not draped around legal arguments empowering the state to compel reproduction.  It's a woman's choice folks.   Try to convince her to do the right thing.  But leave the state out of it.
Your body->Your choice?  Then use your money for your choice and don't force birth control and abortion coverage via government mandates.

Unlimited abortion is not a common status.  Many other countries have restrictions based on the age of the unborn baby... the very thing that liberals claim would result in a complete theocracy if we adopted them here.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 11:21:01 pm »
This idea that it is a woman's choice whether to abort or bear is laughable. The only instance where there is a choice is in the instance of conception after forcible rape. And even in that, there should be some counseling or options reviewed.

If you choose to have consensual sex that results in conception you have made your choice. True that you can still choose to end that life. But that choice is murder.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:23 am »
This idea that it is a woman's choice whether to abort or bear is laughable. The only instance where there is a choice is in the instance of conception after forcible rape. And even in that, there should be some counseling or options reviewed.

If you choose to have consensual sex that results in conception you have made your choice. True that you can still choose to end that life. But that choice is murder.
Only problems I have with the rape only option:
First, the one who is incontrovertibly innocent is the one who suffers capital punishment.
Second, allegations of forcible rape will skyrocket, to the peril of innocent guys (innocent of rape).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2017, 12:59:19 am »
Only problems I have with the rape only option:
First, the one who is incontrovertibly innocent is the one who suffers capital punishment.
Second, allegations of forcible rape will skyrocket, to the peril of innocent guys (innocent of rape).

Take a look at the stats of that skyrocket. I have a doubt.

The main problem is the paradigm shift. Back then when "decent" girls were off visiting relatives. Vis a vis it was a family problem dealt with by the family discretely and everyone else shined it on. And the baby was adopted out.

The concerted effort of the destruction of the nuclear family, or the very definition of family has so skewed things that not even liberals can intelligently conclude that if they want same sex marrriage et al that the best option for those people to have kids would be for them to have the opportunity to have children by adoption. Except they want those self same children deemed 'unwanted' murdered. They are throwing the baby out with the bath water.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2017, 01:05:40 am »
If we support life for the innocent, we must believe that government is the ONLY solution for the welfare issue.  Again, I reject your stupid premise.  You may hold government up as your god and the ultimate answer, but as a Christian I believe there are non-government options to help in these areas.  Here in Houston, 80% of all post-Harvey aid was delivered by local churches.  Worked dang well.  You know what would help in other areas?  Get the libtards out of the way:

* Stop cities from shutting down church food drives by trying to apply commercial health regulations to them
* Stop liberal states from adding abortion requirements to pro-life counseling and assistance centers and squealing if pro-life suggest similar "enhancements" for abortion clinics

We do "don't give enough of a damn" about the poor and the young... we just think your solution is worse than useless because it doesn't solve what it claims to address and causes destruction among those it claims to help.
@Ancient - you are a welcome addition to this thread and the GBR.  Glad to read your thoughts!
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington